What's new

Brushes and travel

Any good ideas for keeping a brush in good shape when travelling? I saw on one of mantic's videos that he found a large prescription meds jar to fit a brush into but I don't have anything like that lying around.

before I got my turnback I used a toilet roll. Its not the greatest, but it works (plus if it gets wet/wrecked you can get another in any hotel room

before I got my turnback I used a toilet roll. Its not the greatest, but it works (plus if it gets wet/wrecked you can get another in any hotel room

+1 on the toilet paper roll - I travel quit often and this is what I use - just replace it often :biggrin:

If you want something a little sturdier than a TP roll, Em's place has some durable plastic cases for travel:

proxy.php

Any good ideas for keeping a brush in good shape when travelling? I saw on one of mantic's videos that he found a large prescription meds jar to fit a brush into but I don't have anything like that lying around.

Most pharmacies will give you a tube at little or no cost.

I've been known to do what I'm going to do on this trip with a brush. I'll put it in a zip lock baggie and carefully tuck it between some clothes in the suitcase for my trip out towards NYC this week.

I leave in two days so it looks like I'm going the TP route or pestering a pharmacist for this trip.

Those Em's place cases look good though.

Thanks guys.

Another idea: dry your brush with the hotel's hair dryer as you leave. Dry your toothbrush that way as well.

Just hope you aren't made to dump your bag out and those airport rent a cops see your contraption . :biggrin:

cityjim

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Go to a dollar store and buy a large bottle of cinnamon or other spice. Dump the spice and punch a few holes in the lid.
Works perfectly.

Do you have a pharmacy nearby? Should be able to get one from there. They make great travel tubes for soaps sticks & brushes!

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Good posts all. I've opted for the Dovo travel brush in the stainless steel tube. Packs up into a neat round tube thats able to survive anything. Oh yeah, its a silvertip too. :biggrin: :001_rolle:a21::jump:

Another idea: dry your brush with the hotel's hair dryer as you leave. Dry your toothbrush that way as well.

+1

I have a tube that my travel brush came with, but I still dry it so it doesn't get funky. I'm just careful not to scorch it. Some of those hair dryers pump out a lot of heat.

Less than a year ago someone on the forum sponsored a group buy of tubes for travel. DRANDALL was the gentleman. Title was shaving brush tubes. You might look up the threads and/or pm him to see if any more remain. He listed the size of the container; works well with my C&E BBB. Also a search for that will show a number of threads on traveling with a brush and its care.

Top Bottom