What's new

Back to the Forum

Hello everyone,

It's been quite a long time since I've posted in this Forum.

Some of you may remember that a little over 2 years ago, my beloved Dalmatian (age 13 at the time) was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. She was treated with 14 pills a day, and I cooked meals for her 6 times a day, as one of the dangeous potential effects ofher illness was rapid weight loss.

As her illness and age progessed she ultimately needed pretty much 24/7 care, so my work and life were squeezed in around her needs.

On July 5, at age 15 and 2 months, she peacefully went to her final rest. I miss her terribly, but I am comforted knowing that she had a happy, wonderful life, and that her ordeal is now over.

The next day, I found that I had thrown my back out worse than I ever have. It most likely happened when I lifted and carried her to her favorite spot on her couch, where she passed.
It took a full month to move without pain, as I kept re-injuring it, carrying heavy bottles of ingredients for orders.

Just as my back was almost normal again, I broke my toe, so that was another month of hobbling around.

It's been a rough time, especially these past few months, but I look forward to participating in the B&B Forum again and getting to work on adding new items.

Welcome back Honey Sue!!!!!

I sure hope things improve for you in the upcoming days. I am sorry about the loss of your companion; it's never easy.

marty

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Sorry for your loss.
I'm happy that you are back to B&B, and I'm sure that all of your friends here echo that sentiment.

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts.

She really did an amazing job hanging on as long as she did, and she was living large right up til the end. As tough as her illness was, she did not seem to mind feasting on prime rib, turkey etc. in the least. She always had a great appetite, and getting to eat 6 meals a day was pretty good living by her standards.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome back and sorry to read your loss.

Welcome back. Sorry for your loss.
Sue, as far as your back pain you should check out the "ActiPatch". I can tell you first hand that this really works for back pain, and other muscle aches and pains, tennis elbow, knee pain. I'm a little shy to say this, but they also make the "Allay" patch for menstrual pain:blush:
I know women who have used that, and they say it is miraculous.
http://www.actipatchpaintherapy.com/:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Welcome back Sue, I am sorry to hear you have had such a tough run. Losing a companion can be a blow.I know how you must feel.

Lets hope looking ahead is much better!

Thanks for the suggestion on the back patch. I'll definitely look into it. I really hadn't had any serious back problems for several years, but I'm pretty sure that when I lifted her (she weighed about 65 lbs), I pulled something big time, and after she passed, I really couldn't sit still which probably also prolonged the recovery.

Thankfully, my back seems to be ok now, and I actually was able to put on a sneaker this past weekend, for the first time in a month, so I'm hopeful that things are improving.

Hi Sue,
Happy to have you back but sorry to hear of all the problems you have had. I send my sympathy for the loss of your dog. Our pets are so a part of our lives. I hope knowing that you provided the best of everything possible is a comfort.

Take good care!
Sue

Thank you, Sue.

When I was looking for a puppy 15 years ago, I wanted either a Dalmatian or a Dobie, as I'd had both breeds before and loved them. Although I only intended to get 1 dog, it happened that both a Dobie and Dalmatian came to my attention at the same time. Both born on May 4 to litters of 11. One was local, one in Iowa, and both looked exactly as I was looking for. I'm a believer in fate, and the coincidence of both dogs born the same day convinced me that they belonged together...and with me.

We lost Honey,(she was the Honey of Honeybee) my Dobie, in 2002, to an aggressive cancer, and Domino and I got even closer after that. But I'm comforted to know that she got to live a very long and full life.

I know there are lots of dog lovers here at B&B who also cherish their furry family members.

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of you dog. Dogs have always been a part of my life, so I know how difficult the loss of your canine friend can be. I hope things get easier as time pulls you forward.

My condolences for your loss and your recent mishaps. I wish you a speedy recovery both emotionally and physically. Welcome back.

Welcome back Sue. I'm sorry to hear of your loss and injuries.

Remember the words of Fr. Ken Walsh, CP, "Being a Red Sox fan is a sure sign of Divine Predilection." :thumbup1:

Welcome back and I am sorry about your loss (my last dog died after only five years). I am also sorry about your baseball team preference :wink: :biggrin:

Thank you Matthew, and thanks for the chuckle about the Red Sox. Frankly, with about 2.5 starting pitchers this year, I'm pretty surprised they've managed to hang on as well as they have.

Here in New England, we love all our sports teams, so there's always the hope that someone will have a great season. And if not, we'll just say what we said for the 86 years before 2004....there's always next year!

Thank you, Sue.

When I was looking for a puppy 15 years ago, I wanted either a Dalmatian or a Dobie, as I'd had both breeds before and loved them. Although I only intended to get 1 dog, it happened that both a Dobie and Dalmatian came to my attention at the same time. Both born on May 4 to litters of 11. One was local, one in Iowa, and both looked exactly as I was looking for. I'm a believer in fate, and the coincidence of both dogs born the same day convinced me that they belonged together...and with me.

We lost Honey,(she was the Honey of Honeybee) my Dobie, in 2002, to an aggressive cancer, and Domino and I got even closer after that. But I'm comforted to know that she got to live a very long and full life.

I know there are lots of dog lovers here at B&B who also cherish their furry family members.

That is a great story of how you acquired both dogs. Like you, I would have thought the same thing ... that they belong together. Stay well!
Sue

Top Bottom