What's new

TOBS Creams vs T&H creams?

I find that T&H is slightly better in all respects.

IF that is the case.. and I don't know cause I have not tried any T&H but I have used a fair amount of TOB'S and find it to be fantastic

I MAY just have to try for myself.. :biggrin:

back on the TOB'S
In scent, texture and performance?
high marks for all the above from me..

Slightly better at twice the price isn't a good justification for some (ok, for me). That's no knock on the cream just the price point.

Is there a big difference between the two? In scent, texture and performance?
Not sure. Right now I'm using TOBS lavender. I just ordered the sample cologne and creme pack (http://www.truefittandhill.com/detail_10106__2.html) from T&H because of their 20% B&B discount (BB09).

I also just ordered some Lavender liquid hand soap and a sample pack of handsoap bars from TOBS so I could get some of their other scents.

I've only been DE'ing for a month, so the TOBS lavender is all I have experience with.

Can't beat 20% off!

I find that T&H is slightly better in all respects.

I agree with the exception of TOBS Avocado - I think it is slightly better than T&H in terms of performance. TOBS has been hit and miss with me, yet I tried T&H's sampler and all of the scents were pretty amazing.... and they all shaved well too. Then again, I am biased in the fact that I absolutely love T&H Almond's scent. Nonetheless, it is difficult to justify T&H when you could essentially buy 2 TOBS for the price of 1 T&H.

Regards,
Chase

i actully find the opposite, yes i love my T&H creams but my Taylors is just all round glory and you use that bit extra becuase it is cheaper, taylors all the way!... though if you ask me about GFT thats another question in itself

T&H is equal to TOBS in shaving quality for me. So it boils down to price, and then T&H loses out bigtime as there is nothing in there to justify its price tag.

Last edited:
I've not tried TOBS creams, but I do have their two soaps (Sandalwood and Lavender) and three aftershaves (Eton, Mr Taylor, Shaving Shop). I've also been working my way through a sampler from T&H. Personally, I don't really care for the T&H fragrances all that much. Grafton is okay as is Traflgar, but I wasn't all that wowed by either. That said, the T&H creams do lather very nicely. Nice and thick and moisturizing and slick. I've had excellent shaves with these. While I've not yet personally tried any of the TOBS creams (thats next on the list of things to try), I think I would lean there if I were you.

I'd say order a sampler to find out for sure. Then it's not a major investment. If you're thinking about sampling...I'd also highly recommend getting one from Trumpers. Their stuff is amazing in all aspects.

The T&H creams I have are more consistent in texture scent and performance from one tub to another, The TOBS while also good preformers tend to be not as consistent in texture, scent is all personal preference imho.

For the price difference between the two, hard to beat TOBS however I still find myself buying more T&H as I like there scents and performance just a little more except TOBS Mr Taylor.

I've never tried TOBS creams, but the T&H creams just rock (if you ask me). I am especially fond of 1805, West Indian Limes, Grafton, and Ultimate Comfort.

If you have the money and don't mind spending it on pampering yourself, try some T&H. Maybe you should get the sample pack and see for yourself; the samples are not too expensive. Don't forget to use BB09 for a 20% discount at checkout.

I use T&H or TGQ for Lavendar and TOBS for Avocado and Rose.

If you really want to jump into something unbelievablly good, try the Penhaligons. As with all products, YMMV.

Is there a big difference between the two? In scent, texture and performance?

They are both very good creams. TOBS Almond has a tendency to burn my face, so I'm like T&H a little better.

I may be a little partial, because Grafton is my favorite scent of all time, and the wife's favorite is 1805. Now, that being said, I haven't tried all the scents form TOBS.

Top Bottom