Not open for further replies.
Time: 7:00am
Razor: Merkur Futur
Brush: 22nm Silvertip from The Golden Nib
Blade: Crystal (3rd shave)
Cream: Tabac Shaving Soap
Pre-Shave: None
After-shave: Portland General Store TABAC After Shave Splash

Description: I went slow, I used no pressure, and I ended up with the best shave I've had in years. Actually probably ever. I was excited about today's shave because I was trying out a new shaving soap, the original Tabac. It definitely lived up to its reputation of lathering like crazy and giving a great shave.

I loved this shave, from the very beginning it seemed like it would be a good one. Then after the first pass I ran my hand over my face and I had no irritation on my neck line, I started to get excited. The second pass got closer and still no irritation. I still had a few little rough spots, so I went for pass number three. Closer still, no irritation. I decided not to push my luck further, occasionally I can get touch up happy.

I cleaned up my gear, put on my after shave, and relished in the feeling of a great shave.

Thus, today's shave:

Hot shower/CF Preshave
L'Occitane Cade soap
B&B LE '08
Mergress on 1.5 w/Feather - d4
WWR / CWR
L'Occitane Cade AS splash
CB I Hate Perfume Cedarwood Tea Absolute

Palmera 7/8 : Ever Ready w/Finest: Penhaligon's BB : TOBS No. 74

proxy.php

View attachment 66881
HARDWARE:

Merkur Progress Adjustable Safety Razor / Gold.
Derby Blade.
Rooney Bee Hive "Heritage" in Super badger. Loft: 46mm Knot: 21mm.

SOFTWARE:

Aqua Velva Ice Balm.
Aqua Velva Ice After Shave.
Burma Shaving Soap.

Burma Shave Slogans (roadside signs) of the '50s :lol:

Don't lose your head
To save a minute
You need your head
Your brains are in it
Burma Shave

Don't put your arm out
Quite so far;
It might go home
In another car
Burma Shave

Eelco

Hardware: Schick Injector (E1?), CVS blade, White Fang (Superior 25mm SBB, aka, Hammer of the Gods, #1). Weller bowl

Software: Dave's Mystic Lavender Glycerin Preshave, KMF Patchouli SC, witch hazel, Aqua Velva, SCS Oakmoss Lavendula, Corn Huskers.

The Schick razors are starting to be my friend. Close and smooth this morning.

Good Thursday morning all...

Edwin Jagger Chatsworth w/ Gillette Sharpedge (5)
Trumpers superbadger
C.O. Bigelow sc
Thayers Original WH w/ aloe
Lucky Tiger a/s
SCS Sandalwood Edt

Two good passes (WTG, AGT) with the Chatsworth and another terrific shave...that 7OCY just works really well for me, especially in the Chatsworth. The Bigelow always makes a comfortable lather that feels good after I am finished.

Thursday

Was in a rush this morning so a quick 1 pass was it for me. I am really enjoying my Tech, I have been using it all this week and think I like it more than the SlimTwist (Knack) I was using. The only thing I miss is the TTO, I did like that better.

Prep: Kyle's Prep (it's always Kyle's Prep - with Proraso pre-shave)
Razor: Muhle R89 (new Muhle/EJ head)
Blade: Gillette SharpEdge (yellow pack, from Russia)
Soap/Cream: C. O. Bigelow (Proraso) SC
Brush: C&E BBB
Aftershave: Proraso A/S balm
Cologne: N/A

Once again, a DFS. I had not used the Proraso balm before, but certainly will again after today's experience. I also bought the splash - can't wait to try it, too!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Brush: B&B LE 2008
Razor: Gillette Red Tip SS
Blade: Feather
Soap: Tabac
After Shave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel, then Aqua Velva
Cologne: John Varvatos Vintage

Shavemac | James Bronnley | Erik Anton Berg | Rasage Opaline | Santa Maria Novella Pre/Post | Bois 1920 Extreme

I was working (reading a draft of a[(very) boring]repair contract) and just stopped for a minute to relax and came to B&B exclusively to see your pic on the Shave of the Day thread....always a pleasure :smile:

Now THAT, Henry is some helluva frameback!!:w00t:
...and a wicked point to boot...:eek:

LOVELY!:drool:

Hope you enjoyed the cream, too.
C_J

Thank you. It is a great shaver too! The cream is, as it turns out, quite nice!

Henry,

How is that James Bronnley in terms of scent and performance?

Scent is quite good, reminiscent of Acqua di Parma's original cologne. Performance was very good for a glycerin based cream. The first time I used it, it was too thin - doesn't hold a lot of water. Adjusted that today and it provided a damn fine shave.

I was working (reading a draft of a[(very) boring]repair contract) and just stopped for a minute to relax and came to B&B exclusively to see your pic on the Shave of the Day thread....always a pleasure :smile:

Thank you!

Last edited:
Thursday:

Simpson Polo 10 Super
Taylor of Old Bond Street Mr. Taylors cream
Mergress razor w/ Super Iridium blade
Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel w/ alcohol
Gentlemen's Refinery AS Balm
Knize 10 EdT

I forget how good this Mergress is. I keep it at about 1.5 or so, and it delivers a close, irritation free shave.

B&B LE Le Grelot
B&B Essential Brush
Proraso ASB as Pre Shave
Tabac Shave Stick
Alum Block and Witch Hazel
GFT Limes Skin Food
Tabac ASB

Thursday:

Noxzema
Rooney 1/1 Finest
JM Fraser's Cream
*Le Grelot 1/4 in White Bone!
Pinaud's Bay Rum
Homemade Bay Rum

Today I used my brand new Le Grelot for the very first time! What an incredible device! Feels super in my hand. It's absolutely the most efficient straight I've tried. I'm sorry that Martin is just about out because it definitely lives up to the hype! On top of that I used my new Dirty Bird brush scuttle. I have a few kinks to work out, but man! warm lather is nice!!
So some may argue that my cream and AS aren't very luxurious, but it made up for in spades with the exquisite Le Grelot and scuttle!

Thursday:

Noxzema
Rooney 1/1 Finest
JM Fraser's Cream
*Le Grelot 1/4 in White Bone!
Pinaud's Bay Rum
Homemade Bay Rum

Today I used my brand new Le Grelot for the very first time! What an incredible device! Feels super in my hand. It's absolutely the most efficient straight I've tried. I'm sorry that Martin is just about out because it definitely lives up to the hype! On top of that I used my new Dirty Bird brush scuttle. I have a few kinks to work out, but man! warm lather is nice!!
So some may argue that my cream and AS aren't very luxurious, but it made up for in spades with the exquisite Le Grelot and scuttle!

With that razor and brush you could use Dial soap and your shave would still be regal :wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom