What's new

Argh! Will have to fall back to DE temporarily...

So today I was using an older style Leatherman in a totally unsafe, stupid fashion. Basically the tool was extended flat, blade open. It snapped closed, lacerating my right index finger nicely. After freaking out a bit I was able to flush the wound and wrap it good enough to haul myself to an urgent care. Luckily I somehow seemed to miss muscles and arteries (I actually forced myself to flex it afterwards to make sure things still worked!) I'm stitched and splinted up now, for at least a week.

Figures it's my right hand (right handed here.) While I straight shave using both hands, I totally don't think I can pull off a whole shave with just the left...

Looks like it's a good thing I hung onto a Tech and a Merkur!

At least by the time I'm healed up I should have a restored Dubl Duck coming back in the mail from Ken! Will be a nice comeback shave.

(Moral of the story: Don't be stupid with knives, or razors for that matter!)

Or...you could use the opportunity to become ridiculously good at shaving with your left hand... :wink:

Glad to hear your fingers going to heal up ok.

Or...you could use the opportunity to become ridiculously good at shaving with your left hand... :wink:

Glad to hear your fingers going to heal up ok.

You could become more than a one-sided left hand face shaver. On the other hand you could inflict some damage to your face while learning to use your left hand with some odd blade angles.

You could become more than a one-sided left hand face shaver. On the other hand you could inflict some damage to your face while learning to use your left hand with some odd blade angles.

We don't run that risk when first learning to straight shave? :confused:

All in good fun. :biggrin::001_tongu Not serious about the lefty comment.

I can just imagine stumbling back into urgent care, for stitches, on my face... :biggrin:

I'll survive for a week or so.

I found out that stropping is also amusing without using my index finger... I haven't oiled any of my blades at this point. I just strop them every few days if they aren't being used. It's difficult to say the least :redface:.

I was in the same boat recently. I dislocated both joints, and generally ruined my left pinky finger about 2 weeks ago. Its splint was attached to the finger next to it, so holding a straight easily became too difficult.

It was to the SE for me! Just had my first straight shave since yesterday

Top Bottom