What's new

Another Newbie

Greetings All!

I stumbled across this site recently while searching the web for new razors. I've been a staunch electric razor guy for the last 7 years or so. Prior to that I used a Gillette Mach 3, but I abandoned that and went to an electric when I started wearing a goatee.

I lost my electric recently and that's why I was looking for a new one. Now that I've found you guys, I'm interested in going back to wet shaving. I've always liked the closeness of a blade. I'll be reading here a lot to determine how best to do this with a goatee. Also I travel a lot for work so I'll bee looking for the best way to do this in a TSA friendly manner.

I look forward to learning from all of you!

Brian

Welcome aboard!

I have no doubt one of our goatee sporting, world travelling members will soon step in, but as a clean shaven stay-at-home (nowadays) I think your issues will be dealt with fairly easily.

I used an electric for awhile. After learning to enjoy, rather than endure my shaves, I'd never go back!

welcome aboard, mate!

With traveling, just remember you cant take blades in your carry-on luggage.

Welcome to B&B. You could always use a bic metal when you travel, if you don't want to check a bag.

What works really well for me is the following - I pack all of the shaving gear in my Dopp which goes in the checked bag. The nature of my job allows me some flexibility in appearance - I can if needed by a little rough around the edges. So far my checked bag has always arrived in the same place and time. (knock on wood :001_rolle). If I know I'll need to look good at the other end for a couple of days, I'll throw a disposable razor and a travel size can of goo in my carry on bag.

If as in the case of the current job - I know that I'll be back in the not to distant future, I'll leave a pack of blades here. Just in case. That way I can strip the razor, brush and shave stick out of the Dopp and put them in the carry on with an empty razor.

Top Bottom