What's new

Some Pet Photos

Hey, everyone!

I'm a little new to B&B, but so far, I've loved the folks here.

I do pet photography, and here's a couple of mine:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Any pointers or thoughts?

I like em, only thing i would do was include more of what's in the background. I don't do photography but i thought i'd share what i was talking about.

proxy.php

Completely amateurish shots but these guys don't always stay still enough to make it easy on a rank amateur like me. The little guy is full size now.

Hey, everyone!

I do pet photography, and here's a couple of mine:

proxy.php

Any pointers or thoughts?

No offense, but you asked for pointers...

Color balance. A neutral gray card is an inexpensive must-have. Photoshop can fine tune, but it's best to calibrate first. I do like the composition.

Here's Lucy:

proxy.php

Last edited:
I like the shallow depth-of-field. Let's the viewer concentrate on the subject and not the surroundings. Great shots! :smile:

No offense, but you asked for pointers...

Color balance. A neutral gray card is an inexpensive must-have. Photoshop can fine tune, but it's best to calibrate first. I do like the composition.

Thanks for the pointers. I actually do have a neutral gray card, and I use it sometimes. I was going for warm light in that shot, so I set my WB a little off. It was taken under Tungsten lighting, and I love the warmer color.

But thanks for the pointers, I really do appreciate them!

Two pictures of Natasha the tortoise. I had her for about 8 years. First picture was shortly after I got her. She is eating a piece of yellow squash from my hand.

Second picture is about one year ago, just before she was eaten by, I presume, a fox or raccoon. Something broke into her outdoor pen. I went out to feed her one morning and she was gone. Could not find her anywhere. A few days later my wife found her empty shell in the woods. Took her a while to get up the courage to show me.

We had just moved from a suburban area to a rural area. I was not prepared for the more aggressive wild life out here.

Here is my cat -- Miss Kitty. Named for the Amanda Blake character in TV's Gunsmoke, so it is not a complete lack of originality to blame. She had that very independent character, even more so than a typical cat.

She was a half-feral cat that moved into our house while it was under construction. She was gracious enough to let us move in with her.

first picture is a typical pose. Go anywhere in the house (or out of it for that matter) and she will post herself nearby.

Second picture is Miss Kitty in one of her safe spots. We generally leave her in the house while we are out and she will then find one of her safe spots to wait it out. This one is atop out kitchen cabinets.

Third picture is my wive getting a picture.

Fourth picture is Miss Kitty in one of her less-guarded moments.

Some excellent photos so far.
Animal's make great subjects but it can be hard getting them to sit still long enough to take a nice photo.
I ended up putting the camera into high-speed mode and just kept snapping. Ended up with some really nice photos (IMO)

First one is our Blue Heeler, Patches.
proxy.php

Also our Jack Russell Terrier, Molly.
proxy.php

Those are some cute dogs, Andy. You might want to try some shots at their level or below looking up, that is, if they don't lick your lens to death first...

Here is my boy he is stupid fearless if you know what I'm getting at?

proxy.php

My best Buddy Bubba Bear best damn dog in the world RIP
proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom