What's new

Best vintage Open Comb

What's the best vintage open comb out there? I prefer one with some weight to it.

Thanks

I'm sure your question will get you a few different answers. The New De Luxe head is probably the best. If you want weight the New De Luxe Big Boy will fill the bill. After that I would go with an open comb Aristocrat TTO from either England or the US. Any New head with a heavy handle will work beautifully as well.

Len

I haven't seen the New Delux for sale here, EBay, or other forums. Are they hard to come by?

I haven't seen the New Delux for sale here, EBay, or other forums. Are they hard to come by?

They were only made for a short time so yes they are hard to come by but not impossible. You must constantly be checking for them and look closely at ebay pictures because the sellers don't know what they have. My New De Luxe Big Boy in the custom silver case cost me $24.50 on ebay. It was very hard to tell it was a De Luxe and it looked like crap. But after a little work it shined like new.

Len

I prefer one with some weight to it.

Big Fellow DeLuxe weighing in at 3 ounces...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Can anyone elaborate on tooth length and the difference in aggressiveness/shave?

I want to order a Bull Mastiff from Bob's but I am unsure about what head to get. Right now I have very good results with a 1904 Classic open comb.

Thanks

Top Bottom