What's new

Foods that are better the next day

Some foods are great the day you make them. There are some foods, however, that after a night in the fridge, are outstanding.

It's my opinion that a lasagna is always better the next day after sitting in the refrigerator. The lasagne that I have tried that were good were made great after a night cooling off, and the lasagne that were great were made exceptional. For me, this is just one example of food that has to let the flavors get to know one another during an overnight stay in the icebox.

So...here's my question. What are some other foods that you think are better the next day?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I read your post title and came in specifically to add "Lasagna".

Can't think of anything better than that.

APPLE CRISP!!.. umm.. and Egg Salad... (not at the same time.. )

and umm.. My wife would say movie theatre popcorn I'm sure..

My theory is that anything that is in a sauce around it will marinate in it a little longer and have those flavors blend together. I know, not very scientific right?

When I say sauce, I mean some liquid form surrounding the food. Like a Soup, stew, gravy, actual sauce, etc.

Really outstanding lasagna is best fresh, but many lasagnas improve significantly after being in the fridge overnight.

My guiltiest pleasure is refrigerated pizza. Such tastiness. It's partly textural, partly the way it modifies the flavour of the cheese; all the flavours, in my opinion, stand out from each other more.

+1 to anyone who said pasta sauce (tomato based), soups, stews & chili.

I love Indian food left over, Tikka Masala, Vindaloo, Rogan Josh, etc.

I guess it gives the flavours more time to get to know each other" better.:tongue_sm

Top Bottom