What's new

Foods that are better the next day

My theory is that anything that is in a sauce around it will marinate in it a little longer and have those flavors blend together. I know, not very scientific right?

When I say sauce, I mean some liquid form surrounding the food. Like a Soup, stew, gravy, actual sauce, etc.

i agree with this theory......alton brown and many other chefs tells us to let our food stand for a few minutes, it is still cooking and absorbing back in the juices (meat), so this all makes perfectly good sense.

Alton Brown had a show about making sandwiched and after they were prepared....he wrapped them in plastic wrap and let them sit for about an hour.

Makes a lot of sense to me n' Good Eats, too.

Beef stew of coarse and let's not forget what I refer to as "Fuzzy Pizza".
Back in my collage football days we would order pizza the night before a game so we had it for breakfast in the morning. Of coarse we did not have microwaves so we would put the pizza on the top of the TV and leave it on all night to keep it somewhat warm. Of coarse in those days we had tube TV's, not the new fangled electronic types and no cable or satellite so the TV stations went off the air about 2 AM leaving only snow or fuzz on the screen, hence "Fuzzy Pizza".....:biggrin:

Beef stew of coarse and let's not forget what I refer to as "Fuzzy Pizza".
Back in my collage football days we would order pizza the night before a game so we had it for breakfast in the morning. Of coarse we did not have microwaves so we would put the pizza on the top of the TV and leave it on all night to keep it somewhat warm. Of coarse in those days we had tube TV's, not the new fangled electronic types and no cable or satellite so the TV stations went off the air about 2 AM leaving only snow or fuzz on the screen, hence "Fuzzy Pizza".....:biggrin:

Someone is old :001_rolle

Boeuf bourguignon or any other beef stew. You can scoop the extra fat off the next day and it just seems to taste that much better.

Touching on that beef stew thought: My sister-in-law, who gets paid to cook, came over the other day with a big container of brisket chili she'd made for her restaurant. It was great on Day One. I grabbed some of the leftovers for lunch the next day. Wow, what had been really terrific was transformed to incredible.

I was going to say "Gumbo" but I see it's already here. My wife makes a great chicken and sausage gumbo which seems to thicken in the fridge. I'm a displaced cajun, SWMBO and I do pretty well on our Gumbo's.

Chili for sure. Anything with a spaghetti sauce base and also all those breakfast casseroles that have eggs and such poured over bread crumbs and stuff like that.

Theres a tuna/pasta salad that my mom makes with fresh dill...its absolutely delicious after a night in the fridge. I need to get that recipe from her...

Top Bottom