What's new

When face lathering with creams, just charge/swirl brush in tub?

So I posed the question of face lathering with creams, many had responded that they would put a snurdle/dollop in the bristles. Why not just swirl/charge/twist it like you would on a soap puck?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
You can put a dop in the bristles, you can put a dop in a mug and swirl, or you can rub a dop all over your face and swirl the brush there.

It's all what works best for you personally.

Give 'em all a try, and see what is easiest / produces the best lather for you.

With tubed creams, I apply the cream directly into the center of the brush, close to the knot. As I build the lather on my face, the cream is evenly distributed throughout the bristles. It works well.

Since I saw that you are talking about cream in tubs and not tubes, I will say that I swirl my brush directly on the cream.

After only using soaps, I've tried Proraso cream for the last couple of days, and I'm getting a good lather by putting a dollop on the brush and swirling directly on my face.

With tubed creams, I apply the cream directly into the center of the brush, close to the knot. As I build the lather on my face, the cream is evenly distributed throughout the bristles. It works well.

Since I saw that you are talking about cream in tubs and not tubes, I will say that I swirl my brush directly on the cream.

+1 I use the same technique as Shane here with my cream tubs.

My first post but...

I have been lurking here for 2 months. I received my grandfather's black handle/silver tip super speed about a month ago. I purchased a Vulfix best 374, a tube of C.O. Bigelow, a vdh puck and a tub of Trumpers Violet and some sandalwood skin food.

Using the puck is easy, I could care less about how much I use because it is so cheep.
Using the tube of Proraso is also easy, just squeeze out a dime size amount.

The tub is the one I'm no so sure about. It is expensive and I don't want to waste it. I've done the dip-n-twist but I feel better digging out a dime size amount with my finger and rubbing it into my brush. When I dip, it is hard to tell how much is in the brush.

Just a quick off topic first forum post note. I'm 33 and I have hated shaving for the last 15 years. After finding this forum and getting the right equipment (still waiting on my 38C that I ordered over 3 weeks ago) I have now looked forward to every shave for the last 30 days and have yet to miss a day. The last week of shaving have been pure heaven with no razor burn, or blood loss.

I think the next batch of cream I get, I will stay with tubes.

When I used to use creams, I would put the dollop on my left palm and then swirl the brush on top for a few seconds so the brush would pick up the dollop evenly and then I would proceed to face lather.

You can put a dop in the bristles, you can put a dop in a mug and swirl, or you can rub a dop all over your face and swirl the brush there.

It's all what works best for you personally.

Give 'em all a try, and see what is easiest / produces the best lather for you.

These guys got you covered!

My first post but...

I have been lurking here for 2 months. I received my grandfather's black handle/silver tip super speed about a month ago. I purchased a Vulfix best 374, a tube of C.O. Bigelow, a vdh puck and a tub of Trumpers Violet and some sandalwood skin food.

Using the puck is easy, I could care less about how much I use because it is so cheep.
Using the tube of Proraso is also easy, just squeeze out a dime size amount.

The tub is the one I'm no so sure about. It is expensive and I don't want to waste it. I've done the dip-n-twist but I feel better digging out a dime size amount with my finger and rubbing it into my brush. When I dip, it is hard to tell how much is in the brush.

Just a quick off topic first forum post note. I'm 33 and I have hated shaving for the last 15 years. After finding this forum and getting the right equipment (still waiting on my 38C that I ordered over 3 weeks ago) I have now looked forward to every shave for the last 30 days and have yet to miss a day. The last week of shaving have been pure heaven with no razor burn, or blood loss.

I think the next batch of cream I get, I will stay with tubes.

Not to hijack the thread too much, but welome. Your story mirrors my own as well as many others here.

Top Bottom