What's new

Just ordered my first sampler pack...

from Westcoastshaving.com. Got the choice pack that comes with:
Feather New Hi-Stainless Platinum (10 blades)
# Crystal or "Israeli" (10 blades)
# Derby Extra (5 blades)
# Red Israeli Personna (5 blades)
# Astra Superior Platinum (5 blades)

Looking forward to giving some of these a shot. I am about a month in now so I figured I should try to branch out a lil bit. So far I have only tried one Merkur blade and now I have been using the Personnas you can find at Walmart since then. So far I'd say those blades have worked very well for me, especially at the price and availability. I guess these blades are something all on their own and aren't related to the Red Israeli Personnas?

Now the waiting game begins and hopefully I find a new go-to blade (or find out that I already have mine from Walmart).

I've been using Derby Extra blades since I got my Slim adjustable in June. I haven't decided if I should get a sampler pack or just order more Derbys. Let me know what you think of the various blades.

from Westcoastshaving.com. Got the choice pack that comes with:
Feather New Hi-Stainless Platinum (10 blades)
# Crystal or "Israeli" (10 blades)
# Derby Extra (5 blades)
# Red Israeli Personna (5 blades)
# Astra Superior Platinum (5 blades)

Looking forward to giving some of these a shot. I am about a month in now so I figured I should try to branch out a lil bit. So far I have only tried one Merkur blade and now I have been using the Personnas you can find at Walmart since then. So far I'd say those blades have worked very well for me, especially at the price and availability. I guess these blades are something all on their own and aren't related to the Red Israeli Personnas?

Now the waiting game begins and hopefully I find a new go-to blade (or find out that I already have mine from Walmart).

Every blade in that sampler pack runs circles around everything you have tried thus far.

I'd suggest starting with either the Derby or Crystal blades. IMHO, these are the most forgiving of any mistake you may have in technique.

I guess these blades are something all on their own and aren't related to the Red Israeli Personnas?

Correct the Wal-Mart Personnas are of a different breed than the Red Pack Israeli blades.

There is quite a wide variance for the Wal-Mart Personna blades, some find them to be perfectly acceptable, and others find them to be wretchedly bad. As of yet, they haven't given me passable results.

If you love the blades you're using now, you'll be ecstatic over the blades you ordered and wonder how you shaved with those others!

Top Bottom