What's new

Gillette Mach 3 vs Mach 3 Turbo cartridge blades

I have been wetshaving for about 6 months and I love it. learned a lot from Mantec59. I rotate between Derby and Feather double edge blades. I use a Merkur DE razor.

The funny thing is, I find that I can get a really good a shave with much less effort using a Gillette Mach 3 cartridge blade -- go figure? I use a Truefitt and Hill Mach 3 razor. Of course, the price of cartridge blades is an issue and so is the lack of traditional shaving and the pleasure that comes from it. So I go back and forth between both types of razors and blades and experimenting.

I'm wondering about the difference between the Gillette Mach 3 and the Gillette Mach 3 Turbo cartridge blades. Any preferences, comments, etc.? Let's talk about this. Thanks.

look for cartridges on ebay. should be about half of local price if you buy in bulk(40).

Fusion power and non-power are supposed to br interchangable although I get a better result with the power cartridge. Mach 3 may be the same. try the gillette web site.

I have had the same experience as you. I started out using the Fusion for my head and one day just kept going on the face.

I concluded that the wet shaving routine with a fusion rather than DE yield more or less the same result.

The bottom line is finding a solution that works well for you and that you enjoy. The DE has solved a multitude of problems for me and has also proved to be a much more enjoyable tool. If you have positive results and feelings bout a razor, M3 or otherwise, then you've found your solution.

When I was using a Mach 3, I once bought some "turbo" cartridges by mistake. They fit on the normal M3 handle. The only difference was that they seemed to slather all sorts of slippery goop (more than the usual M3 cartridges). I just found it annoying. If you are doing good prep, and using good soaps and creams, you really don't need the extra goop that the turbo exudes...

When you say you get a "better" shave from the M3, you should also consider how long your shave holds up -- I found that my DE shaves stay smoother longer than than in my M3 days (when I would have considerable stubble by the end of the work day).

Apparently the power blades for both the Fusion and the Mach 3 have a special patented anti-friction blade coating the non-power cartridge blades do not have. The coating that is supposed to aid in a smoother cut, increased comfort, and less irritation...and, of course, a little higher cost.

Apparently the power blades for both the Fusion and the Mach 3 have a special patented anti-friction blade coating the non-power cartridge blades do not have. The coating that is supposed to aid in a smoother cut, increased comfort, and less irritation...and, of course, a little higher cost.

This is the case only when it comes to mach 3 power and manual razors. But in fusion proglide's case, its the microcomb for which they are charging extra. I felt no difference in manual and power blade shave when using the power version razor. The mileage and shave quality is the same. Anyway the proglide blades which are imported here in my country from singapore cost way less than the ones which are imported from europe and south africa. I can purchase 8 proglide manual blades for $22 ($2.75 per cartridge) .

proxy.php

Top Bottom