What's new

Acquisitions Monday Dec 26 - Sunday Jan 01

Well lads, so much for 2005. While I would not call it a Red Letter year, there were some impressive acquisitions. Good luck, good health, and good scoring in 2006! Now get out there and acquire!:w00t:

Christmas:

C & E Sandalwood Shave Soap

C & E Sandalwood Shampoo and Body Gel Soap

Merkur Travel Razor and case

Birthday:

Trumpers Sandalwood Cologne

Digiatal Camera (now I can join in on the SOTD with a picture)

I hope everyone had a good haul!

Oh yeah, the wife and kids got some stuff too..

AACJ said:
Christmas:

C & E Sandalwood Shave Soap

C & E Sandalwood Shampoo and Body Gel Soap

Merkur Travel Razor and case

Birthday:

Trumpers Sandalwood Cologne

Digiatal Camera (now I can join in on the SOTD with a picture)

I hope everyone had a good haul!

Oh yeah, the wife and kids got some stuff too..

Promises, promises...where's the picture??? :biggrin:

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Promises, promises...where's the picture??? :biggrin:

Randy

Soon Randy......Soon!!

I have to get back home to load them onto the puter up there, my parents are kinda computer illiterate!

Did lots of post-Holiday sale shopping today. On the shaving front:
full

C&E Sandalwood ASB
L'Occitane Eau de 4 Voleurs EdT
L'Occitane Eau de Badian shower gel :drool:
Bunch of samples of 25% shea butter hand creme - fantastic stuff for dry skin
Massive Caswell-Massey olive oil and orange blossom soap

Last edited by a moderator:
Omitted from my Xmas loot post- Molton Brown Black Pepper wash.

Today in the mail: Samples from T&H

Ultimate Comfort Cream, 1805 Cream

Cologne Samples: West Indian Limes, Spanish Leather, Grafton, Clubman, 1805, Trafalgar

they are generous with their mailings. I will be submitting a thank you note.

Rik said:
Scotto,

Nice acquisitions! How do you like the L'Occitane Eau de 4 Voleurs EdT?
Not sure yet. Tried it at the store and loved it, so I bought it. Later, the dry down proved to be more... challenging shall we say. I'll give it a chance first. The cedar in the heart notes is very pungent, dry, and powerful.

Christmas: C & E Sandalwood Soap :tongue:

Merkur Futur, ordered, and eagerly awaited :001_tt1:

Still lathering with Bob's "silver tip" fingers :blush:

A great box from Charles at QED today:
full

Merkur slant bar razor
Patchouli/Tea tree/peppermint shave stick
Taylors Shave Shop cream
Musgo Real aftershave (alas, the cork boxes are no more) :frown:

HlSheppard said:
You bugger! You got your soap first!!!:001_tt2:

Let me know what you think.

maybe i'm proximally closer?

i will post my thoughts in the thread where joel originally reviewed them. i already have some opinions about the ASB.

full

My new (to me) Oxford 9/16, purchased on ebay from Altima55. I've purchased a few razors from Bob and they are always just as described. Ignore the appearance of the edge of the blade...this mutha is sharp!

The strop is a replacement strop (#2 leather) from our very own Tony Miller. #2 doesn't mean it is a second, but in this case, Tony felt this was not up to his standards. This is an example of the quality Tony offers. I think I took Tony for a ride on this one...I'm not finding anything wrong!!! (I already had the linen and hardware).

Randy

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Thanks Randy! The #2 is the model, meaning Latigo leather. The seconds have minor cosmetic flaws that prevent me from selling them at full price. I pretty much close them out for the cost of the leather and they really don't look much different than the good ones.

Now, for Xmas?? I nice new Crabtree and Evelyn monster badger brush! It is growing on me now but I do prefer a stiffer brush.

Tony

Tony Miller said:
Thanks Randy! The #2 is the model, meaning Latigo leather. The seconds have minor cosmetic flaws that prevent me from selling them at full price. I pretty much close them out for the cost of the leather and they really don't look much different than the good ones.

Now, for Xmas?? I nice new Crabtree and Evelyn monster badger brush! It is growing on me now but I do prefer a stiffer brush.

Tony

Tony,

I have a Savile Row 241...30mm knot and I can damn near lather one side of my face at once! Literally, almost from ear to chin! I prefer a smaller brush most of the time, but I do love that 241. Heat holdin', lather generatin' machine!

Randy

full

Todays mail included my Kiss My Face order, consisting of various soaps, deodorant, hand soap and shaving cream (that one's a freebie!) If you like their products or want to try them, they are offering 30% off and free shipping with the purchase of 5 items or more.

http://www.kissmyface.com/holiday_2005/

This special offer ends 12/31/2005, so if you are interested, pull the trigger!

Randy

Top Bottom