What's new

And so it begins

I lurked for a few days, but then my curiousity got the better of me and I decided to jump right in, and started buying. Now that my first round of acquiring is complete (and knowing me, it won't be the last by far), my kit looks like:

40's Style Gillette SS
Fat Handle Tech (hopefully here tomorrow)
Derby blades to start (gonna get a sampler once I get some technique down)
Kingsley 8003 pure badger brush
Sara B. Lather bowl
C.O. Bigelow shave cream
TOBS Lavender cream
Nivea Sensitive ASB

I think I'm going to make my first try at a DE shave tomorrow. I've been having so much fun using real lather along with my Mach3 that I've actually been shaving every day for a change, and haven't had much growth to study to do much face mapping. So I didn't shave today and by tomorrow I should have something to work with.

I already want to start buying more, but I think I'll get a few shaves under my belt before I grab more stuff (like a fancy brush).

Any thoughts on which of the two razors I should start with? They both seem pretty newbie friendly, from what I've read, and with Derby blades neither should pose much of a threat of opening an artery, I hope. :smile:

As if it's not said enough, what a great resource, and friendly bunch of folk here at B&B. Hopefully a positive update will follow by the end of the week.

Cheers.

Either of your two razors is a great starting point, and I have had great results with both.

I think, you should start out with the Tech first, however, since Techs are generally underrated: Every new wet shaver should experience the wondrous glory of the simplicity of the Tech!!

They were produced by the millions, and clean shaved thousands upon thousands of the previous generation, and will do a great job for you as well. :w00t::w00t:

Top Bottom