What's new

ARE GEM BlueSTAR Single Edge Blades GOOD FOR SHAVING?

GEM BlueSTAR Single Edge Blades Cartridges Shaving, ARE THEY GOOD FOR 1912 GEM RAZORS, FOR SHAVING? EBAY HAS A DEAL HERE..http://cgi.ebay.com/60-x-GEM-BlueST...in_0?hash=item518c8193bd&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14..WALGREENS HAS THE REGULAR GEMS, NOT BLUE STAR.( SORRY BOUT CAPS)

Yes they are the best for shaving, I love it how they leave my skin raw and irritated oh and the best thing is they only rust instantly :001_tongu Im jk they are horrible nothing like the regular gems.

yes they are the best for shaving, i love it how they leave my skin raw and irritated oh and the best thing is they only rust instantly :001_tongu im jk they are horrible nothing like the regular gems.

thanks almost bought them.

GEM BlueSTAR Single Edge Blades Cartridges Shaving, ARE THEY GOOD FOR 1912 GEM RAZORS, FOR SHAVING? EBAY HAS A DEAL HERE..http://cgi.ebay.com/60-x-GEM-BlueST...in_0?hash=item518c8193bd&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14..WALGREENS HAS THE REGULAR GEMS, NOT BLUE STAR.( SORRY BOUT CAPS)

Slowly back away. When you are a good 100 feet away turn and RUN!

Seriously -- each blade is (barely) good enough for one shave. In 24 hours it will be covered with rust. Even the first shave will be a bit rough.

I wonder if even the blades in sealed packages might start to rust if not kept in a climate controlled DRY area.

Those things are good for those Razor scrapers you use to remove paint and stickers from glass but not for your face.

I get a good 3 or 4 shaves out of them, taking special anti-rust precautions. I got 40 of them "for free" with a razor I bought. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy them, but I figured if I had them I might as well try them.

Your Ebay deal, once you add in postage, doesn't end up an amazing deal.

- Chris

Last edited:
The only single edge blades worth buying are stainless - the ones at Walgreen's for example - the Gem by Personna - are awesome. They last me 7-8 shaves and no rusting.

They are great for shaving. Once, maybe twice if you dip them in alcohol and keep them out of moist areas that is. If you only want two shaves out of a blade they are great, providing you leave the rest of your supply in a dry oiled enviroment.
But that first shave is great :D
Am I the only one that have found GEM by personnas better than ted pellas?
Because of the rust issue that the blue stars and other carbon blades suffer (all others suffer it to a lesser degree, bluestars are worse than any other), I have been only using stainless.
The original "by personna" seem to have always been better than the Pellas as far as longevity and smoothness/sharpness for me

Top Bottom