What's new

30's one piece peeling

Hello B&B,

First Hello and Thank You for having a wonderful site such as this.

Lurker turned member and aspiring to be a contributor some day.....

I think this razor below is something along the lines of a Sheraton maybe.

It has issues.

1. The row of teeth on one side is slightly concaved.

2. The plating is gone on three of the four corners and one of the doors is peeling like a snake on the outside (see pic). Odd to me anyway on the door that is peeling, it looks like under the silverish plating it looks rather gold like.

Has anyone seen multi layers of plating like this?

I would at least like to try to str8'n the combs and take this razor for a spin to see how it handles. How brittle would you expect these teeth to be?

Any thoughts about this razor and potential repairs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Well that razor is called a senator.

The peeling issue is odd to me. Replated the wrong way maybe? Looks like that peely chrome paint that adorns so many so called chrome items.

Well that razor is called a senator.

The peeling issue is odd to me. Replated the wrong way maybe? Looks like that peely chrome paint that adorns so many so called chrome items.

Thank you amishmotorboat.

Looking at the B&B WIKI, it kinda looks like a Senator/Regent Tech and a Sheraton are the same except for the plating.

If this is correct, then do I go by the original plate job or the second attempt.

Anyway, just poking at it with my fingernail last night about half of that silo door is gold now.....maybe it will be a Sheraton by next week or so......:001_smile

The sheraton has different door hinges. Kind of like rivets. Someone posted a picture recently showing the difference.

Here's my sheraton. It's hard to see the side but you can sort of tell the difference.

proxy.php

The senator shouldn't have any gold on it at all. If that's really gold under it, that might explain the peeling.

Thank you amishmotorboat for pointing my eyes to the right spot.

Apparently I need all the help I can get.....:biggrin:

Top Bottom