What's new

I Looked and I Found!!

Earlier today I visited a local antique/thrift store and found some treasure. I purchased six Gillette Safety Razors in good condition for a whopping $21.00. They are as follows:

1959 FatBoy Adjustable E
1960 FatBoy Adjustable F
1960 FatBoy Adjustable F
1968 Super Speed N
1968 Super Adjustable N
1970 Super Adjustable P

I cleaned them up and they are all in fantastic shape. I will try and post a photo with this thread.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2993409160102330568pQvprP
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2935828420102330568fZgjOA

Last edited:
Good Score. I have been looking for a superadjustable with a P-code for my birth year. Antique stores are the greatest, it is like prospecting.

Sweet finds.

Good Score. I have been looking for a superadjustable with a P-code for my birth year. Antique stores are the greatest, it is like prospecting.

Sweet finds.

But, like any other type of prospecting, once it has been mined it will never produce again. I visit tons of different antique spots all the time and every dealer says the same thing. They say that any razors that they have in stock have been there for many, many years and none are coming into the shop in several years. At the excelerated rate of which the wild razors are being scarfed up I am expecting the supply to dry up within the next year. It is already many times "drier" than this time last year.

"Why?", you ask. Simple. eBay. Those same razors that used to find there way into cluttered display cases in antique shops are now going directly to eBay.

At the excelerated rate of which the wild razors are being scarfed up I am expecting the supply to dry up within the next year. It is already many times "drier" than this time last year.

Not only that, but the original owners dying off every day, and over time there will be fewer razors to be found at estate sales. Thus the supply from original sources will dry up.

Not only that, but the original owners dying off every day, and over time there will be fewer razors to be found at estate sales. Thus the supply from original sources will dry up.

That is already happening. I am starting to run across more and more estates that only have the disposable trash razors and no signs of classics. Two years ago I would find classic razors at over a third of all estate sales. Now, I am lucky to come across one out of every twenty.

Finding 3 fatboys at that price would have been a steal. I have personally never seen a fatboy in an antiques store.

Top Bottom