What's new

so my brush came today...

Got a package from Kent Brushes today. I ordered a BLK2 (medium, pure grey badger). I wanted something a little bit stiffer than my silver-tipped EJ brush and also wanted to try out a Kent brush so I thought this was a good option.

I opened the package and found that they shipped the BLK12 instead (king-sized, pure silver-tipped BB). That's a $200 brush compared to the $60 one I ordered. Interesting...

You might want to check your PayPal or Credit Card statement. They might have dinged you for the higher cost brush.

I'm just saying...

-- John Gehman

The charge is correct and the invoice shows the product that I ordered. Someone must have not been paying attention. All the cases are the same for all their brushes (red) and the extra 1 in the product code must have been overlooked.

They might have sent it hoping you'd decide it was such a nice brush, you'd go ahead and pay the extra and keep it.

Let the vendor know that this is what they have done.. they may ask you to return it, but they should cover the costs of shipping both ways. Its the correct thing to do, but its up to you to decide. Usually, its too much hassle for them and they'll let you keep it.

If they do let you keep it and if you decide its not for you.. I'd be happy to take it off your hands for the $60!

Yeah, I sent an email letting them know what happened. As much as it pains me, it's the correct thing to do. I obviously don't mind getting what I paid for, but I really don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping it back (esp to the UK). We'll see what happens...

Yeah, I sent an email letting them know what happened. As much as it pains me, it's the correct thing to do. I obviously don't mind getting what I paid for, but I really don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping it back (esp to the UK). We'll see what happens...
:thumbup1: You're a good man.​

The vendor will most probably think along those lines as well and they may just let you keep it. Will such a large brush be useful for regular use, I assume thats why you sensibly ordered the BLK2 in the first place.

Last edited:

The reward for living a good life, is a good life. Kudos for doing the right thing.

The reward for living a good life, is a good life. Kudos for doing the right thing.

Beautifully stated. Ben, you will rest easy and take pride in the fact you did the decent and correct thing. I was heartened to see that so many of our members supported you in this. Bravo. Truly, what goes around comes around and the ripple effect of your honesty is immeasurable.

+1 here as well. I had an order awhile back that I had a computer item put in my order that I didn't order, but didn't get charged either. So I gave them a call up and explained they sent me an item I didn't order, or didn't pay for and asked how they'd like to get it shipped back, of course them paying the shipping. :wink2: They just said keep it, was more hassle than it was worth. Still even if they had taken it back, I agree with above quote!

Good man.

I got an email back from them this morning saying they would be happy to let me keep the brush if that's ok with me...which of course it is :) Very nice of them.

Granted the thing is too huge for me so I'll probably list it up on BST at a nice discount. We'll see. I'll take another good look at it again tonight and make a decision.

Top Bottom