What's new

Has anyone ever looked....

At their dogs tail and thought I wonder how good of a shaving brush that could be. I get this feeling everytime I look at my bulldogs stumpy tail

Dogs no, but cats? Yes. My cat shed a whisker sometime last week and found myself not only wondering about how good of a shaving brush it would make, but I actually started stroking said whisker across my face. :eek:

No. But my Grandfather decided that the white hair at the tip of his beagle's tail would be perfect for flies for fishing, so he snipped a "V" shaped bit out of it. Caught some grief from the women folk in the house. But it made perfect sense to me.

I still have that fly after Grandpa died twenty-nine years ago, and I caught a lot of fish with it. It has since been retired, I don't want to lose it. Who knew that beagles could catch fish?

I'm afraid I don't have a dog. I have a cat, a Minx, a no-tailed cat. So I'm out of luck. (Edit) Manx,, thanks!

Last edited:
There are a couple of well-fed woodchucks that are shaping up to look like badgers. I named them Rooney and Simpson :rolleyes:.

Well if you would have told me earlier I could have sent you some woodchuck pelts for this endeavor. Of course some processing would have been needed on your end as the pelts were still on these particular woodchucks. :biggrin:

My dogs tails would not be good for brushes...however the squirrels in my backyard...Hmmmmm :lol:

I agree about squirrels. We should set up a Squirrel and Blade day on B&B. First person to make a real squirrel brush that's sterilized and working gets a free B&B 2009 brush!

:blush: I doubt anyone will go with that one though...

Never underestimate the power of a contest for something free!

I remember a short time after the Nintendo Wii came out there was a radio station that was holding a contest called, "Hold your wee for a Wii!" The person that drank the most water without using the bathroom got a free Wii. Sadly a woman lost her life from it.

The radio station workers were notified by a nurse that heard about it beforehand and told them that was dangerous but they just laughed her off. Pretty sad thing to happen... :frown:

I agree about squirrels. We should set up a Squirrel and Blade day on B&B. First person to make a real squirrel brush that's sterilized and working gets a free B&B 2009 brush!

:blush: I doubt anyone will go with that one though...

No tetanus shot?:lol:

Top Bottom