What's new

The MMA Thread

Anyone seeing all those prefight press from Jose Aldo vs Conor MacGregor? Dang. I can't remember this much hype ever. Conor is making Jose more money than he's probably ever made and he's been P4P elite for years.

Anyone seeing all those prefight press from Jose Aldo vs Conor MacGregor? Dang. I can't remember this much hype ever. Conor is making Jose more money than he's probably ever made and he's been P4P elite for years.

i have seen a few staredown vids, and then dana mentioned that conor "slapped" jose. I saw the vid and it looked like conor was giving aldo a massage. dana always making something out of nothing.

i think the fight will be exactly that. Conor has not faced no one near aldos level. I think he's gonna be cautious and aldo will fight his usual fight. He'll win a UD

In other news, Randa Markos is in against Aislyn Daly as an injury substitute. Should be an even better fight, and I hope that Markos can show some improved stand up to augment her decent grappling game. A win would help move her up the ladder. She'd still be a fight or three away, but I like this girl.

That was awesome @MrLara, thanks. :thumbup1:

I'm still rooting for Connor, at least he has some charisma. I find Aldo such a dud, but it's probably a language barrier thing.

Until Connor does something that is repulsive, illegal etc, I'm a fan.

Like I was telling a friend. The UFC is in a win/win situation, aldo wins his stock goes way up. If Conor wins, they have an english speaking mini chael sonnen to hype the hell out of fights.

i think Conor loses to Aldo, Mendez, lamas and Edgar.

I doubt Aldo's stock goes higher with a win. If anything, it just fuels all the anti-Conor types with their cries of "over-hyped". Aldo is already considered one of the top P4P fighters out there. I think Zuffa has all their eggs in McGregor's basket, and a loss will REALLY bite them in the ***.

Lamas was finding his rhythm, then mendes starched him. Damn, that was crazy! I guess we know why conor didnt fight him.

I missed the whole card, forgot it was on early. Results looked good and a HUGE win for Iaquinta (spelling) especially after he was talked down about.

I'll catch a replay.

Last edited:
Did not watch the card . . . Other than seeing how Pena would do, nothing really stoked my fires. Glad Chad took his fight, sets up nicely for a title shot regardless of who wins the Aldo McGoober fight.

me too bruce, but i caught the replays of the mendes/lamas and the poirier/carlos ferreira fight on facebook. Too bad for ferreira, i became a fan when he beat that punk colton "mma is easy" smith.

I was reading that Al Iaquinta went off on the crowd on his post fight interview, i tried to find video but nothing. For those that watched, what happened?

These guys work really hard to fight at a professional level and some of these guys also have day jobs because they aren't making enough money as a pro fighter to stop working. They get in the cage or octagon and face another person who is trying to knock them out, submit them, or make them quit and there is real potential for serious injury, career ending injuries. To get booed by the crowd because they weren't exciting enough or they didn't win in a decisive fashion is probably really hurtful. I doubt many fighters dreamed about getting booed after they win a pro fight. I wish some of the fans were more respectful, not like some of the pride fights where the crowd is very quiet, just more respectful.

I'll have to watch the fights before I pass to must judgment....but I really wish they'd clean up the language.

Agreed though...fans need to stop booing a winner, especially if he was chosen by the judges. He has no control over that and the fans know it.

So thats what happened. Thanks.

yeah thats crappy. I remember after JDS fought Cain (not sure if 2 or 3). And as rogan was interviewing JDS, the crowd started to boo him. And then he asked them why they do that, i felt bad for him.

i'm sure you guys have realized, but mma has some very crappy fans.

Yup, but so do a LOT of other sports, too. The difference is that in MMA, they do not necessarily boo out of a lack of "sportsmanship" (or whatever), but out of a complete ignorance of what went into making the contest they just watched happen. To say nothing of an appreciation of the skills involved. The average MMA fan just wants to see the carnage. It is why I cannot tolerate the anti-GSP types that became more prevalent as his dominance increased.

I think the crowd was boing at the decision and not Iaquinga. He didn't win that fight.

After he asked if they were boing him, it didn't increase so to me, that means they weren't. But after he tells them all off, they weren't on his side.

It was a good fight, but not sure how judges can score 30-27 for one guy and then 29-27 for the other...or whatever it was.

Mendez is a beast...wow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom