What's new

The MMA Thread

I think lentz had called out Penn first. Penn is just responding.
I know it had something to do with Mike Dolce. But still I never thought that Nik Lentz and BJ Penn would be in the same conversation. Even if Lentz called him out BJ needs to stay in Hawaii.

I still haven't seen the whole card, but I have seen Mitrione's fight and his eye. Wow! That was brutal.

BJ coming out of retirement to chase the 145 belt is terrible news. At least he isn't training at his own camp.

There was a time that I would have been very excited about the news that Penn was going to train with Jackson. Now, I just don't see the point. Things have moved on, and there isn't a good place for him to squeeze in. For current fighters jockeying for position, a fight with Penn doesn't do anything for you. Very little prestige to beating him now, and a victory doesn't move back any of your serious opponents. A loss hurts a lot. And who wants to see it? I don't know anybody clamoring for Penn v Edgar IV. Maybe this is all a Zuffa plan to make a fun fight for Nick Diaz? Too bad Pride isn't around any longer. A BJ Penn comeback would be tailor made for a Pride freakshow. I could imagine him up on his toes, banging poor Saku around.

Sea level Cain... Twinkle Toes Penn...

Nice post Chris. I have no desire to see Penn get smashed by the young guys. And what if he does manage to get his fight with Nick Lentz and he gets destroyed? It would be like Jens Pulver and all of his comeback fights.

Well, if greg jackson can ressurrect arlovski's career i believe he can do the same to Penn. He still has a good chin, i would rather he stay retired. But greg jackson and co. seem to know what theyre doing over there.

I still haven't seen the whole card, but I have seen Mitrione's fight and his eye. Wow! That was brutal.

Oy yoi yoi...

proxy.php

Anyone watch last nights saturday night live?

I thought Ronda was alright, and of course she was limited by the writing she was given, but i think she has some comedic chops. With a good script, she can do great.

This isn't UFC news, but MMA related.

My friend Josh Appelt won the heavyweight title at Westcoast Fighting Championship last night:

proxy.php

Also my buddy from college, Brandon Mccaghren, was awarded a black belt in the 10th Planet BJJ system by Eddie Bravo.

proxy.php

In other news, I have a single, lonely stripe on my white belt :)

Thats awesome man, this thread welcomes ALL mma news in my opinion. So share away my friend.

Any link to the fight? I'd like to watch it.

And congrats on the stripe, eddie bravo's system is amazing.

No link yet, the promotion usually posts them on YouTube a couple of days later. I'm looking forward to seeing it too, I wasn't able to go. I hear he won by TKO in the 2nd.

Thanks! I study at a Groundworks BJJ gym, but I am very interested in the 10th Planet system. Groundworks is a self defence/combat system and I think 10th Planet is a competition system, not that they're not easily translated either direction.

Cain out with a back injury, Stipe vs Werdum for the title!!! Sad to hear about cain getting injured (i dont wish that on anyone), but i'm glad the rematch isnt happening.

Theres a Video on youtube that shows the way he trains weights.... and its painfully obvious why he gets injured so much.

Top Bottom