What's new

The MMA Thread

I just watched the first TUF episode and I like the new format. Hopefully they keep the house shenanigans to a minimum. I thought the first match was good to watch and the competitors were more well rounded than I expected. It's also nice to see some of the UFC star athletes in the background.

As far as UFC 186, Rampage's return feels like a bit of a stunt. But then Cro Cop and Wanderlai came back after time away. Looking forward to Bisping walk through Dallaway (who has never appealed to me). I'm also looking forward to the Markos Daly match. Too bad that one is on Fight Pass.

I'm going with Johnson, Fabio and Bisping for the top three fights...not sure who else is on the card.

I'll be tuning in to TUF again, I always do.

Those are my picks too. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Rampage win. Depends if he trains or not. Dollaway could also win, if he does nothing but wrestle, use the same strategy that Tim Kennedy used. I think Mighty Mouse is a lock though.

Those are my picks too. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Rampage win. Depends if he trains or not. Dollaway could also win, if he does nothing but wrestle, use the same strategy that Tim Kennedy used. I think Mighty Mouse is a lock though.

I feel the same way Tim, brawldonado is awesome. But Rampage still has power in his punches.

Jon Jones wanted for questioning in hit and run accident that put a woman in the hospital.
Way to go Jon. I hope it's nothing and he's not in more trouble. The UFC doesn't need this and it would suck if it means his fight is off.

As doe the PPV, it was ok, nothing great. It's of decisions and a very late finish. Gotta give Johnson credit, he went for it when he didn't have to.

I don't know of he is "the best" as Joe Rogan thinks, but he's good. Nice to see him drop an F-bomb in the post fight interview too, might as well keep up the trend.

Last edited:
If Jones did it, It's a far cry from the Jones who stopped a robber before his UFC fight with Rua. If Jones did do it wonder if white powder or any other substance was involved?

I'm guessing he's involved in a significant way. If he was just a witness, they'd have said so. When they don't say why, it's usually a bad thing.

Early reports yesterday were that his fight with Rumble is off.

Have not yet heard that a cancellation is coming, but the latest update lists him as a "suspect" in this case. As for not being able to get hold of him, I would imagine that is standard for anyone with means. They arrange through their lawyer to show up at a Police Station to answer questions and give a statement. It's easier to control the message that way, right?

Still . . . it does not look good for Jones.

UFC will NOT pull Jones, unless he is actually charged with a crime. Even then, the severity of the charge will influence any decision. Too much $$$ at risk to just dump him from the Main Event, especially after they already had to drop Dillishaw v. Barao.

UFC will NOT pull Jones, unless he is actually charged with a crime. Even then, the severity of the charge will influence any decision. Too much $$$ at risk to just dump him from the Main Event, especially after they already had to drop Dillishaw v. Barao.

Agreed 100%. Jon is the biggest star they have. Unless he commits a violent felony I don't expect much if any punishment for him.

Sad though, if Demetrious Johnson did the same thing, even though pound for pound he's near the level of Jones, he might be fired.

Top Bottom