What's new

The MMA Thread

I think I'm pretty much with you Shawn. I suspect that JDS is going to beat Mir badly. I'm not a Mir hater, and it might actually be interesting to see what JDS could do if Mir got him to the ground. I bet that what he would do is stand up and punch Mir very hard, not show that he's ready for the Mundials. Bigfoot is better than the freakshow giants that Pride would serve up, but I don't think he can do much to Cain if he's really recovered from his layoff. Nelson might have a chance if he can get something going in the first round. Otherwise, I think that he'll hang in there and lose the decision. But you never know. The one that I might disagree with you on is Streuve. He's really progressing a lot and this might be a good opportunity for him to make a statement.

I think that this will be Dolloway's swan song in the UFC, but Miller is fully capable of choking. In fact, the undercard could be a farewell for a lot of old faces. Hardy, Brown--a lot of those guys could be destined for regional promotions.

I think this is all pretty spot on.

I think you are right, that Mir is going to get beat badly, maybe as badly as he got beat when he fought Lesnar the second time.

I'd like to see Nelson get in shape, and not a round shape either. I don't know that he could be a contender at LHW, maybe he could be a top 10, but I don't think he is going to do much at HW.

I think that a lot of these guys could get cut after Saturday night.

I would personally like Mir to win. I hope he can get it down to the ground. I'm curious about the rest of the card, it's going to be a shift with all heavyweights and many of them heavy handed. This one could fly by, thankfully it's not a card set in Denver.

wasn't sure what to make of the Heavyweight lineup, as i prefer the middleweights and the 170-185 classes....but man oh man, that was a good PPV.

KO's, submissions, bloodbath, it had it all.

That sure was a blood bath. I was kinda pissed about the early cut as that old of been a really good fight I think.
wasn't sure what to make of the Heavyweight lineup, as i prefer the middleweights and the 170-185 classes....but man oh man, that was a good PPV.

KO's, submissions, bloodbath, it had it all.

That sure was a blood bath. I was kinda pissed about the early cut as that old of been a really good fight I think.

reminded me of the good old wrestling days:

$AbbyVsAndybyMarty555.jpg

I was happy with the card, I found it to be very entertaining. I am shocked Mir only attempted a single takedown, what did he think would happen?

Velasquez/Silva, bloodiest fight I've seen in a long time. Silva sure is tough, just to hang on as long as he did.

I am very glad to see Roy get a big win, I like him a lot, but it always seems his job is on the bubble.

I always hated Dan Hardy, but I was glad to see him keep his job. I hope he keeps his new found humility.

JDS vs Cain II should be a good bout, I hope Cain goes for some takedowns.

Those fights were fun to watch. I'm also glad Roy got a W. Agree on the earlier comments on the FX prelims. Dalloway had a weak win, and Miller should be embarrassed for his last two showings. He just looked sloppy, compared to my previous impression of him. I've never seen bigfoot fight before so I hope to see him again where he isn't shut out. And Struve impressed. Hardy looked good.

Good card.

This was the first PPV that I've bought in a long time and it didn't disappoint. Sets the stage for what should be an exciting rematch between JDS and Cain. I felt sorry for Bigfoot too. He was just overwhelmed by the intensity of Cain's attack. He and Mir both took terrible beatings. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Streuve next too.

Glad to see Miller is gone from the UFC. I thought after his beatdown from Bisbing that he would see the errors of his ways. After seeing him walkout i knew that would never happen. And great job to Nelson and JDS. Junior is a guy i would like to see as champion for a long time.

I like irrational thoughts also so let's hear those ��

Can't put it into words, just don't like him. It's not like the Diaz's were I can go on for hours about why they suck. I've never rooted for JDS in any of his bouts, and I doubt that will change in the near future. I don't really care for Cain either, but I hope he takes back the title.

Can't put it into words, just don't like him. It's not like the Diaz's were I can go on for hours about why they suck. I've never rooted for JDS in any of his bouts, and I doubt that will change in the near future. I don't really care for Cain either, but I hope he takes back the title.

I agree about the Diaz brothers. I never liked them. I always thought Mir was a little too arrogant for my taste.

OK, I'll play, who do you like and why?

I've been a fan of Nelson and Lebon, probably because they are not your typical personalities. Although Nelson has gone a bit "Chael" on us lately with his comments. Mir is a meathead, but I like him because of his submissions, the fact that he made it back from a moto accident, and he's now one of the old timers who's been around a long time.

Kampmann knocks out Ellenberger, not was I was expecting. I knew Martin could win, but I expected it via submission or decision. I still thought the stoppage was early, but either way Ellenberger wasn't in a good place.

Top Bottom