What's new

The MMA Thread

Bump....no one watching MMA over the past month?

i just finished watching the FREE card on TV.....Man oh Man, that was a good card.

MainEven was phenomenal, undercard equally as entertaining.

Gustafson looked sharp and Thiago Silva is officially the scariest man in MMA. since the 1st time i saw him and he jumped up on the fence and did a "thumb across the throat cutting motion", he freaks me out. he's not in my weight class, so i have nothing to worry about :wacko:

The Sweden show was pretty good. I think the Stann/Sakara fight was the best. I was hoping Alessio would recover since it seemed like both guys wanted to stand and trade.

Gustafsson had a really good fight but I was hoping he would just stand and trade with Thiago. Probably a good move on his part not to trade but the fight wasn't that exciting to me.

Fight week for Jones/Evans! I hope Bones walks through Evans. Used to be a fan of Sugar but he seems to have lost his mind. He has employed a scorched earth policy leading up to this fight and my guess is that he has alienated more than a few fans.

I used to like Jones and Evans much more than I do currently, but I think Jones will walk away with this win. Regardless of who wins, I am counting on a bad *** bout.

Anyone else excited for the Alvarez Aoki fight? Its free, and aoki will either get a spectacular submission, or get ko'd so hard it will induce cringes

D

Deleted member 48987

I really hope Evans wins this fight. I feel bad for the guy after everything that's happened. This loss would be pretty significant at this point in his career, and will probably stay with him forever. I think Jones could take this loss and be champion again very soon. I don't want to see a guy like Rashad get humiliated.

I liked both fighters but I'm liking Evans less and less for the reasons Daniel pointed out. I think Jones walks through Evans.

I have a hard time imagining that Jones doesn't tear up Rashad. In fact, I'm not sure exactly what strategy would favor Rashad. I think Evans is going to wear himself out, get shut down and knocked out late in the second or early in the third. On the other hand, he might get overwhelmed and knocked out or subbed right off the bat. Or he could clip Jones, who will then rally and win a lopsided five round decision. I think that is extremely unlikely. I just don't see Rashad dominating him with his wrestling and winning via GnP, or going toe-to-toe and banging out a win.

I think Jones wins this, but everyone always underestimates Rashad, so I'm not so sure it will be an easy one. Looking forward to it. Also looking forward to seeing Torres again. Sad the UFC added the lighter classes on the tail end of his career.

I think Jon will win the fight too but I really hope Rashad puts up a good fight. I don't know if I'll get the card though because this is the only fight I'm really wanting to see (not that the other fights aren't good though).

I think Jon will win the fight too but I really hope Rashad puts up a good fight. I don't know if I'll get the card though because this is the only fight I'm really wanting to see (not that the other fights aren't good though).

There are a couple of fights that I want to see, but I don't feel like ordering it either. I'm going to go watch it at a bar somewhere.

I don't know a thing about MMA or UFC, but this guy, whom I guess is sort of responsible for the Jones/Evans feud, Greg Jackson, is a lifelong friend of my aunt, uncle and cousins in Albuquerque, NM. Everyone says he is a terrific, really positive guy, which, I guess, is contrary to how Rashad Evans feels about him. Anyway, I'll be rooting for Jones.

I don't know a thing about MMA or UFC, but this guy, whom I guess is sort of responsible for the Jones/Evans feud, Greg Jackson, is a lifelong friend of my aunt, uncle and cousins in Albuquerque, NM. Everyone says he is a terrific, really positive guy, which, I guess, is contrary to how Rashad Evans feels about him. Anyway, I'll be rooting for Jones.

By all accounts, he's a good guy. It's hard to say what's really going on between these two fighters. There's a lot of money on the line and the UFC hype machine is running on overdrive. After the the fight they'll both probably say how much they respect one another. It all sells PPVs.

I say jones wins this one easy. Jones has these long monkey limbs that make it difficult for any one to get close. He just picks away at people until he finds an opertunity to take them down then those crazy elbows start splitting foreheads. I hope it's at least a good fight but can't really se Evans pulling this one out.

I say jones wins this one easy. Jones has these long monkey limbs that make it difficult for any one to get close. He just picks away at people until he finds an opertunity to take them down then those crazy elbows start splitting foreheads. I hope it's at least a good fight but can't really se Evans pulling this one out.

i see it going down EXACTLY like this as well.

About to head to the bar, but wanted to chime in one last time. The more I think about it, the more I want Jones to lose. Either way, I don't see it being as easy a win for him as some folks think.

Top Bottom