What's new

Godrej Deluxe vs Godrej Rich Foam

Does anyone know if there is a difference between Godrej Deluxe shaving cream and Godrej Rich Foam? I found some Rich Foam at a local Indian market and gave it a try, and quite liked it. Now I'm wondering if it's worth my while to hunt down some Deluxe to try, or if it's the same thing with different marketing.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between Godrej Deluxe shaving cream and Godrej Rich Foam? I found some Rich Foam at a local Indian market and gave it a try, and quite liked it. Now I'm wondering if it's worth my while to hunt down some Deluxe to try, or if it's the same thing with different marketing.

Godrej has an almost same product for different regions of India. In Western India, Rich Foam is what we get. I officially checked with the Godrej distributor for a part of Mumbai and they confirmed this.

The Deluxe lather is chiefly for North Indian North-West Indian market. It is also possible that the Deluxe Lather is for the international export market and may be the same as the Rich Foam re branded.

I cannot say if the two are the same as I have never been able to get my hands on the deluxe lather officially sold anywhere in western India.

Last edited:
I can get Rich Foam from my local India Sweet & Spices store for $1.99. Can't find Deluxe Lather here in Los Angeles. Godrej creams have the best ROI of any shaving cream or soap.

------------------------
proxy.php

This thread inspired me to try my local Indian import grocery and see if they had Godrej. I asked the man who was working if he carried the product and he chuckled and led me to the toiletries. Sadly I was dissappointed. They had a space labeled "Godrej shaving cream" but in its place was Mennen brand shaving cream in a blue box made in Australia. He said he would order some more though. So I will check back in the near future. There are multiple Indian grocers in my city regardless so I will have to check those as well.

Hey Christphil... I'll send you a case of Godrej (and Cinthol soap) if you can cross the Bay and grab me a NancyBoy shave cream tub! :biggrin:

anyone have any recommendations on which Godrej scent I should try first? i'm expanding my cream selection and would like to try this....not sure which I should get though.

Hey Christphil... I'll send you a case of Godrej (and Cinthol soap) if you can cross the Bay and grab me a NancyBoy shave cream tub! :biggrin:

LOL :biggrin:. You know I haven't tried their products as of yet. But you seem to be pretty enthused about them so maybe I will give it a shot. I assume you are joking about the offer though as you could just order it and have it sent straight to you :confused:.

anyone have any recommendations on which Godrej scent I should try first? i'm expanding my cream selection and would like to try this....not sure which I should get though.

It really depends what you like actually. I started out with the Deluxe (has a nice barbershop scent and because it has lanolin, like the rest of the creams, gives you an excellent shave) and am now using the Misty Menthol.(Brrr...frosty.) both are excellent! for the price and quality, you won't regret getting a tube! Haven't tried the Lime yet but I'm told its pretty good. We have both the Rich Foam and the deluxe here in Malaysia but for some reason, I've never tried the Rich Foam. Being rather inundated with creams and soaps for the time being, I doubt I'll try it. Hope this helps.

^ Paul,

This godrej official site link shows just the Rich Foam. There is no mention of Deluxe lather.

I have been using the Rich foam this week. It has a wonderful old school cologne like scent, very fresh and lasting. Can you please describe the Deluxe lather.

EDIT

TADA - this clarifies. I am posting the header of news article which clearly mentions North India as the target for this product, however I yet need to check if this is the same as the Rich Foam !!

New Delhi, February 2005: Godrej Consumer Products Limited (GCPL), a leading player in the Indian FMCG industry and a major player in the shaving preparation market, has launched Godrej Deluxe Lather Shaving Cream to cater to its North India consumers.

Last edited:
Beyboo, I beginning to wonder if its the same thing. The deluxe comes out of the tube slightly yellowish, has a old school barbershop smell, very fresh as well. As for being lasting, I would say that its there until you apply aftershave. Its very rich, slick and is moisturizing to a large extent. You will feel incredibly pampered after using it.

Does this help? :001_smile

I tried a little bit of the Deluxe a few months back, but my supply since then has been for the much cheaper and easier to find Rich Foam. I remember the Deluxe being much better.

LOL :biggrin:. You know I haven't tried their products as of yet. But you seem to be pretty enthused about them so maybe I will give it a shot. I assume you are joking about the offer though as you could just order it and have it sent straight to you :confused:.

I'm just joking about NancyBoy. Right now I have plenty of Gentlemen's Refinery shave cream that's probaby just as good as NancyBoy. I like it for traveling, so I don't necessarily have to use a brush.

I wonder if Godrej creams can be applied by hand without using a brush to make lather.

Personally, I like the blue box menthol one the best. I also enjoy the lime. It's not exactly "natural" lime, but it is lime scented. They both work well.

To me, the rich foam one smells unpleasant and doesn't seem to work as well.

I have not tried the deluxe or the shaving round.

can anyone recommend a reputable online retailers that sells Godrej?

Reliance Service on eBay is where I got mine for $1.99 per tube with cheap shipping from Chicago. They run out kind of quick, but return stock within a week or two. Just search Godrej on eBay.

Top Bottom