What's new

Do NOT try this at home

Gentlemen (and ladies) just a word of caution, please engage brain before shaving, otherwise.....

I'd had a shave before bedtime, splashed on a liberal application of my new Alcolado Glacial and was heading for the bedroom when i realised I'd not taken out my contact lenses. Without thinking (needless to say) and without washing my hands first I "popped out" my lenses. This was NOT fun, frozen eyeballs hurt, so you have been warned :cool:

Lol I've had that problem before with contact lenses although I've had the opposite flaming eyeballs :frown:

I understand from a friend that it's unwise to do the same after preparing a meal that includes hot peppers.

- Chris

Amen to the hot peppers I learned my lesson after 1 run. Wash your hands with a good grease cutting soap like dawn to get the oils off your hands lest you have RED eyes.

I pulled my contacts out after having Habenero sauce on my fingers. Only did that stunt once.

I don't know if aftershave is quite the same, but my understanding, based on a friend's experience, is that there are a number of things you shouldn't touch after cutting hot peppers ... and if you do, you shouldn't let the things you do touch touch other things in turn.

Lets just say the story she told was entertaining and illuminating, but clearly best experienced secondhand.

I can sympathize as this morning I accidentally breathed in some Provence Sante lather.

It gave new meaning to the phrase brain washing...

I can never say that I tried removing contact lens after having dealt with spicy seasoning, but I have rubbed my eye after handling jerk seasoning. Suffice to say, water alone did not stop the burning. Saline solution did the trick...after a short while. I guess next time I want jerk chicken, I will need to use rubber gloves. :biggrin:

Do yourself a favor, I wear contact lenses for 13 years now, Surevue, Acuvue, Acuvue 2, Acuvue Advanced.. I hated these lenses, so for the past 2 years, I have been wearing Bauch and Lomb Purevision Contacts.. I wear them for 30 days and 30 nights, I have not ever had a problem like the above of taking the lenses out....

Cheers,

I solved the whole glasses/contacts thing a couple of months ago by having Lasik surgery...

But I can sympathize with the "peppers in the eyes" thing. A few years ago I was making salsa and suddenly had to scratch an itch. Bad idea...

I don't understand how people can take their lenses out without washing their hands. Your eyes are a weak point for germs and bacteria.

I like my O2 Optix. I can wear them for a few days at a time and be just fine. I usually take them out every day, though.

Top Bottom