What's new

Rinse Between Passes?

Do you rinse your face with hot water between passes? I usually do, but I noticed in various YouTube videos, usually not.

Thx,
Jim

Always rinse. A new application of water makes for better glide, and when you are rinsing your face with your fingertips, it gives you a roadmap to a better shave.

Randy

Ahh, good info. Got my 4th DE shave under my belt and had not been rinsing between passes -- just been doing 2 with the grain. Henceforth, I shall :cool:

yeah, rinsing is key. but when i rinse i don't touch my face too much. it gets irritated rather easy. i guess everyones skin is different but be careful not to rub too much while rinsng.

I'm probably just restating what the rest of these gents have already said, but I do and consider it re-wetting (between passes) instead of rinsing because the focus is to add water and not necessarily to wash away soap residue.

I'm probably just restating what the rest of these gents have already said, but I do and consider it re-wetting (between passes) instead of rinsing because the focus is to add water and not necessarily to wash away soap residue.

i agree for sure, but i also like to think of it as rinsing away any whiskers that got cut but didn't stick to my razor. i don't know if it matters but i wouldn't want to lather up stray whiskers into my beloved brush. or embed any into my beloved face. :biggrin:

+9. I find the rinse / re-wetting also helpful as I can run my hands over my face and see where some missed spots may remain.

Cheers,

That's what I've noticed lately +1000

I always rinse to remove excess lather and to further add moisture and to get my face clean again to apply more pre-lather, ie Skin Food, Glycerine.

OK.
Here goes.
I use to rinse in between shaves but havent been lately.
It was taking me way too long and I felt I was wasting way too much water AND
.....my shaves werent feeling any better to me.
That said.....
it seems I am a real outcast on this one.
OC IMHO YMMV FWIW

I wasn't rinsing between passes before reading this thread but tried it out this am. Can't tell if it made a difference, but the almost unanimous recommendations from members is good enough for me. It certainly helps to identify where another pass is needed. I used rinse water from the sink vs. new water from the tap. The rinse water has a bit of shave oil in it from my razor, so using it puts that back on my face. The theory makes sense, but who knows if it contributes to BBS.

jim

I always rinse between passes and try to leave my face as wet as possible before relathering. Also, when I forget to do this, my subsequent pass is always awful!

Tim

Top Bottom