What's new

Shaving items from IKEA?

Im headed down to Sunrise,FL tomorrow to IKEA with the wife and son. I know some of you all use some stuff from IKEA. Any recommendations on items to buy... Mugs, bowls, Cups,Boxes, Storage etc...

I figure there has to be a few things ;)

They have this metal bowl which comes in all different sizes. But one size you can hold in your palm and use as a lather bowl. I think it's great for $2-3.

proxy.php

I use the Blanda Matt as my lather bowl....I think it's the 5" one.

I got a nice little cabinet for my shaving bathroom (small bathroom) - the cabinet's about 10 in x 27 in. (it helps keep my acquisition disorder in check, but I have overflow in the main bathroom :biggrin:), never the less, they have lots of nice cabinets for neatly storing your shaving stuff.

Im headed down to Sunrise,FL tomorrow to IKEA with the wife and son. I know some of you all use some stuff from IKEA. Any recommendations on items to buy... Mugs, bowls, Cups,Boxes, Storage etc...

I figure there has to be a few things ;)

Last edited:
I got a nice little cabinet for my shaving bathroom (small bathroom) and it's about 10 in x 27 in. (it helps keep my acquisition disorder in check, but I have overflow in the main bathroom :biggrin:), but they have lots of nice cabinets for keeping your shaving stuff in neatly.

what's it called? i'd like to get one for my bathroom but don't know if the missus will approve. gotta link?

I got this cabinet. It's nice with the little towel rack and I have put hooks on the side to hold my razors and scuttles. I also use a little mini DE as a handle.

Here's what it looks like at home:

They have this metal bowl which comes in all different sizes. But one size you can hold in your palm and use as a lather bowl. I think it's great for $2-3.
You have a two-band brush, and then... desecrate... it by building in a bowl this cheap?

I got this cabinet. It's nice with the little towel rack and I have put hooks on the side to hold my razors and scuttles. I also use a little mini DE as a handle.

I have been tempted do buy one of those for ages. If only they made them with plain glass, without flowers...

Nice setup! :smile:

I have been tempted do buy one of those for ages. If only they made them with plain glass, without flowers...

Nice setup! :smile:

Step further then the wall cabinet for me was getting once of those ones that stands above the tank of the toilet. Lot's of room and hook space.

Step further then the wall cabinet for me was getting once of those ones that stands above the tank of the toilet. Lot's of room and hook space.

(my english is getting rustier.. and in my county we call all WC the toilet. :biggrin: it took me some moments to understand you.)

Could you send a picture or a link for something like that? thanks!

I got this from Ikea:
proxy.php

It is a modular kitchen cabinet. Comes with hanger brackets.

It is quite deep for a bathroom, but my bathroom just happens to have a small alcove above the end of the counter (which extends into that alcove) and this fit perfectly.

The expensive part is the door but I got that from their discontinued pile for next to nothing.

Here's what it looks like at home:

Where did you get the little clear plastic razor holders that are stuck to your mirror?

Top Bottom