What's new

Big Green Egg? and its cousin the lil brown Egg

Nope.
I have, sitting on my "porch" a new project of mine.
I call it the LBE.

Pics to follow, especially tomorrow after 8 hours or so. :drool:

Yes.
I am a tease.

I promise though, it will be worth the wait.:tongue_sm

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Electric hot plate : $12.99 @ harbor Freight tools
BBQ replacement thermometer: $8.97 @ Home Depot
Chrome cooking grate (14.5 inches): $7 @ OSH
16 inch flowerpot: $22.50 @ OSH
17.5 inch shallow bowl: $15 @ OSH

:w00t:

Getting the Tri-Tip ready right now :w00t::w00t:

That's cool, and much more economical than the Komodo Kamado that I have been lusting after for a while!

I had a question, though:
Do you have any kind of handle or tool to help you lift the bowl off of the top?

That's cool, and much more economical than the Komodo Kamado that I have been lusting after for a while!

I had a question, though:
Do you have any kind of handle or tool to help you lift the bowl off of the top?

I have some stainless steel handles that I was thinking of putting on it, but honestly, even after it got up to temp (200*) the lid was only warm to the touch. Only about as warm as a full coffee mug.

Although, as I am never content with things as they are, I will probably put a handle on it, some sort of silicone gasket, and maybe a hinge for the lid. :lol:

It's 1/4 finished! :w00t:

Refilled the chips once already, and the meat has a nice crusty surface, but is obviously still juicy inside.

I cant wait!

So that thing actually works? You're not damaging the cord on the hot by using it like that are you? :confused:

Not so far. Been holding steady at 200* for the last 3-4 hours.
Even the plastic knob on the hot plate isn't soft or anything.

Not so far. Been holding steady at 200* for the last 3-4 hours.
Even the plastic knob on the hot plate isn't soft or anything.

Really? So how do use this thing? Do you just fill the dish with chips, place in on the hot plate, turn it on, and smoke away?

Really? So how do use this thing? Do you just fill the dish with chips, place in on the hot plate, turn it on, and smoke away?

Yup. I have it set at the high side of medium, and that seems to work just fine.
Here is a drool worthy shot!

Top Bottom