What's new

Best Way To Covert Safety Razor People To STR8S!

What is your method?
Here is the method that I am currently using on my son. He was using a DE safety razor when I "conviently":wink: offered him a free GEM razor and blades. Immediatetly he proclaimed, "that he had just experienced the best shave of his life". GEM's IMO produce an audioable feedback similar to a Str8. Coming soon... Maybe Christmas time I will reintroduce to DE safety to him.:eek: A SLANT! :wink: I feel this is key. They are easy to like IMO because they look really cool...tough and mean...they however IMO are somewhat harder to get a great shave from, why...because you have to take your time to to learn the angles, the blade gap and you can't get lazy and not have your face mapped at least subconciously you have to do this. He will learn patience and technique without even knowing my plan to lead him to the dark side.:whistling:
That is my plan...The closest to str8 razor shaving for me was the Slant...If my son can get the same results with a Slant that he gets with his GEM...I hope that it will be an easier switch to the str8. I know that he really wants to use one he is just a little intimidated at this point... I WANT TO BE THE FIRST TO WELCOME HIM TO THE DARK SIDE.....:devil:

I send them a straight to try out for a few days and hope they fall in love with it.

First straight went out yesterday so we'll see if my diabolical scheme will work or not...

I don't think you need a master plan. I use a DE. Have for almost a year. I want to work on my technique and focus because one day I do want to get a str8. I'm sure that I'm not the only DE user who wants to use a str8 either.

MMMMM, interesting. I've been convincing people with straights that they would never use them and should just send them to me. I think we are on polar opposites.

L

Lo'Tek

You beat me to starting a thread on str8 converions.

Like the "Dark Side" idea.

I just tell people my stories, how & why I got turned. Make it sound real MANLY and all, and put down the M-3 scam - those false profits. I have a number of people wanting to buy one but money's tight. One friend recently asked me over to hone his razor, seems he was listening.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I wait for them to start complaining about their favourite blade being discontinued, or how hard it is to find a decent supplier of Swedish Personas or whatever ... what's your favourite blade? ... un-hunh ... now, imagine if you had to buy just one blade, and it lasts you the rest of your life, and you can probably even pass it on to your son ... :001_rolle

True story...tonight my son stopped by the house with one of his buddies. He asked if he could show his buddy "The Hulk". I said sure...5 minutes later he has one of my wife's hair from her hair brush and he demonstrating the HHT for his buddy. :lol: Really made me feel good to here these young men ohh and ahww about the sharpness of the razor. I am sure that someday that Green Beast will be calling his name! :biggrin: Only a matter of time.....

True story...tonight my son stopped by the house with one of his buddies. He asked if he could show his buddy "The Hulk". I said sure...5 minutes later he has one of my wife's hair from her hair brush and he demonstrating the HHT for his buddy. :lol: Really made me feel good to here these young men ohh and ahww about the sharpness of the razor. I am sure that someday that Green Beast will be calling his name! :biggrin: Only a matter of time.....

Need pics!

Top Bottom