What's new

never stop looking

Guess I'm kinda a "creature of habit" at least thats what my wife claims.
Several months ago I was given some personal effects by the wife of a brother Marine whos time had come. In the box were hundreds of DE blades which I simply set aside. Thinking of old times recently I began taking a closer look at some of his things and discovered 3 types of the Gillette 7o'clock type blades, Iridium. Sharks and others.

I've been very pleased with Feathers, (after trying a multitude of other blades) and IPs. But not anymore. His taste in blades, (as most everything else) was incedible!!

I had tried a 7oclock something in a black box and wrote the entire line off, WRONG! The 7oclock sharpedge, (yellow box) could be Feathers in a different wrapper only for me, smoother! Kinda like my IPs so far as being gentle but as sharp as I've ever used. As amazed as I was to discover these I wasn't done. The Permasharp 7oclock, (green box) were excellent also not like a Feather but close. The supersharp 7oclock,(greenbox) were ok.
The Iridium blade is awsome also. Way sharper and more comfortable than my beloved IP and sliced thru my beard like butter. It pains me to say this but the Sharks were even better. I would have never believed it if I hadn't experienced for myself!! Just goes to show you, (me) I don't know everything about everything. YMMV

Anyone else like any of these or tried them? The Sharpedge and Iridium are not available on the bay, are they available anywhere else?

Almost didn't post this, but why not. Wow just WOW.

dridiot sells a variety of the 7 O'Clock blades, as well as a number of other types. You can send him a PM or visit his shopping thread.

Top Bottom