What's new

Hypoallergenic shaving creams

Hi members

A good friend of mine is allergic to just about everything. Amazing he not allergic to the B&B Kent silvertip. Can every member, to the best of there knowledge, please give me a list for any and all hypoallergenic shaving creams or shaving soaps that is out there, or has exsisted.

Thanks and best regards

How about the Taylor sensitive cream?

That is thr first one he tried, it work for a while than began to have a rash. He got pissed becauses he has a beard that resembles barb wire and soap/cream and brush was so far the best and most rewarding shave ever. How come I am not suprised. Thanks everyone, its a good start

Oh that's a shame to hear I'm sure there are some great products out there for him it's just a matter of finding them

Oh that's a shame to hear I'm sure there are some great products out there for him it's just a matter of finding them

That is why I am here. I bought his Kent B&B brush as a gift, a thank you, after when he really out of his way to help me out when I was really in trouble. Never used a shaving brush in his life and he was sold and can't go back, once he learned how to use it. I told him that a brush like that is hard to beat. Now we have to figure out what soap and cream is going to work for him. He is now starting to use a DE.

rudy

Last edited:
If you really want to get to the bottom of things, you need to distinguish between true allergic responses and ordinary skin irritations. For example, alcohol will burn, but it's not an allergic reaction.

The practical approach is not to differentiate between the two, but just find something comfortable. It's a different trial and error process for each individual person. I've gone through Neutrogena, Nivea, Kiss My Face, TOBS, AOS, TSD traditional and wheat. They all burn to some degree after the first or second pass. The only two products I've had 100% success with are Trader Joe's unscented and straight olive oil.

Good hunting!

I know this sounds odd. One of the most gentle items I've used is the regular JMFraser shave cream. It does have a very light lemon scent but it even seems more gentle than the TOBS Unscented.

Top Bottom