What's new

Long time lurker, first time poster...check out my new brush!

I've only been straight shaving for about 2 months now, but I already know im not turning back to the Mach 3 ever again. Anyways, for my birthday this year my parents told me to pick out what i wanted. After reading numerous positive reviews of Shavemacs, I decided to go with the 177 model.

I chose all the same specifications, but asked for the handle in Tortoise Imitation. It came out beautiful looking

23mm Knot
56mm Loft
Silvertip grade (decided against the D01, just seemed a bit pricey...and i was ready for something soft after a month of the scratchy tweezerman).

Right out of the box...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Post Bloom

proxy.php

The brush feels great on my face, but I did have a bit of difficulty getting a decent lather using it the first time. I lathered up using Truefitt&Hill cream, and tried some Tabac. Seemed to take a bit longer to get the brush loaded. Is there a bit of a break in period with this, or is it just because this is a larger brush than i have been using? (been using the tweezerman up until today).

Anyways, hope you enjoy the pictures...i really like the tortoise imitation over the ivory handle

A very fine choice of brush! congratulations.
You will need to use much more product to get a great lather compared to your old brush.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, glad you like the brush.

So its that cut and dry? Just use more product than im used to using? Some people over at srp suggested shampooing and conditioning the brush so i gave that a shot. We will see how it goes tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, glad you like the brush.

So its that cut and dry? Just use more product than im used to using? Some people over at srp suggested shampooing and conditioning the brush so i gave that a shot. We will see how it goes tomorrow.

Yep start with a level teaspoon of cream and adjust from there.

The dip and twist is also an option, open tub, dip brush in,twist, remove and make lather.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Only one thing to say. Welcome to B&B! nice brush!

welcome aboard - thats some brush to start with!

I actually had the cheap walmart brush to start with, then the tweezerman. So this one is should last me a while. I shampooed it and conditioned it to see if it will give me some better lather tomorrow. So well see what happens

Top Bottom