What's new

Just purchased a Double ring on ebay!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
I purchased the double ring.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCARCE-1904-GILL...d=p3286.c0.m14

I have been collecting Gillette razors for about 4 months. I have a 1921 old type, a Goodwill, a Fatboy, an ABC and a Tech. I decided that a double ring would sort of complete my collection for now.
I placed a WTB on this forum and did not get any offers. Only several people responded to the inquiry. When I saw the double ring on ebay I just hit the "buy" button hoping it was the right decision. I assume the price was fair and the fact that not all the numerals of the serial number is visible is a major factor. I didn't want the razor to get away.
THANKS Barry
ps How do you get a web address to be hyperlinked, so you can click on it and go to the address?

Hi Guido,
Thats for the reply! Did you set the hyperlink to work or did it just happened when I pasted it into the message?
Can I shave with the Double Ring using a modern blade. I have a 1920 single ring which I use and gives a pretty good shave.

Thanks Barry

Hi Guido,
Thats for the reply! Did you set the hyperlink to work or did it just happened when I pasted it into the message?
Can I shave with the Double Ring using a modern blade. I have a 1920 single ring which I use and gives a pretty good shave.

Thanks Barry

Most definitely. Very well, as a matter of fact. Congratulations! It was a nice set.

Congrats! IMHO this is the most sought after vintage Gillette DE. Truthfully it is the grandaddy of them all!

Hi
Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. This is a real nice community. This site is what drew me into wet shaving and collecting.
Well the razor arrived this afternoon. The razor looks much better in person than in the pictures. The seller, a member of B & B did a great job in packing and he mailed it out on Monday. Super feedback for him.
This will not be the razor that completes my collection. I hope to purchase more in the future. I have the standard wish list the most of us would like to have.
Tomorrow morming I will give it a test run with a new Personna Red and report back with the shaving results. I have an easy time with all the DE's
that I have. I expect this one to perform like my 1921 single ring Standard.

Again, thanks for making this into a fun filled and interesting hobby.

Barry

Top Bottom