What's new

Microscopic View of Razor Blades-PICS

Interesting. It looks like they are all double beveled.
What power magnification is that supposed to be?
It would be cool to see more pics of different blades.

I wonder how the blades are made...Sharpened in big strips, then the finished shape is stamped out, or are they stamped out then sharpened in stacks?

That "toy" looks like it has a USB drive.
You should be able to get those pictures on your computer fairly easily, and avoid the taking a pic of the TV screen step.

Thanks for the post

It looks to me like the Feather Blade either had or developed in use a metal burr that extends past the rest of the blade edge.

The type my son has it only hooks up to the TV.

Interesting enough the Feathers tear my neck up now I know why.

From what I see, the feathers look much sharper. At least from my experience with woodworking tools and micro views of sharpness there. The edges of the sharpest tools don't look "the best" they usually have that ratty look like the feathers image does. I believe it shows the extension of the metal edges burred out with each fiber (fiber? well each abraded piece of steel). These edges should come closely to matching each of the abrasion marks in the metal, otherwise they represent "broken" pieces of burrs, making them less effective at cutting. The sharpest edge is the coming together of a flat plane and an angled plane, pushing the steel out to it's limit of strength per "fiber" that a stone or sharpening instrument can hone it without breaking. When we sharpen tools, they call it "chasing the burr".

I used that same tool to examine the follicles on my face before and after face brushing.

Dan

Top Bottom