What's new

Costco's 'Kirkland' brand

Now I like expensive and handmade stuff as much as the next guy but I'll be darned if Kirkland doesn't make some great clothing. Just picked up a pair of jeans today that look and feel amazing...for about $16. I also have a few pairs of their dress pants and they too are well made and look great. Same goes for some of their shirts and sweaters. Of course the downfall is that (at least here) Costco doesn't let you try things on in the store but once you know their sizing it isn't really a problem. Kirkland isn't going to replace my bespoke suits, handmade dress shirts, or nice leather shoes but their stuff is more than good enough for everyday wear and at a price that's pretty hard to beat. Anyone else not ashamed to admit they're rockin' the Costco house brand once in a while? Ah Costco....:001_wub:

Last edited:
I buy a lot of my clothes from Costco, shirts, dress shirt, pants, jeans. The prices are great and I think the quality is good.

Yes, you might not be able to try on before you buy, but their return policy is such, that you will have no problems returning something that does not fit.:thumbup1:

I have several pairs of their jeans I wear for work. They are true to fit and have worn well thus far. I am quite satisfied.

Their dress shirts are actually very good in quality and great in price. It doesn't bother hurt too much when I have to get rid of one as a result of a fountain pen or cigar lighting accident.

In England, I don't find the Costco clothes prices always to be the keenest.

I buy my contact lenses there and lots of other stuff.

I recently found out that the Kirkland brand Vodka (BAB=Big *** Bottle)is made by Grey Goose. Really good stuff!

I have four Kirkland V-neck sweaters that I wear when the summer gets a little chilly and I'm too lazy to pull a jacket out of the closet. I have had them for about three years now and are wearing better than similar items I purchased at the Gap.

I know this started off being more clothing related (and this is "The Haberdashery" and all), but Kirkland coffee at Costco is really, really good! Nice quality brew for the price and the amount! :thumbup:

I've been a member at Sam's Club for a few years now. It's been that long since I had my Costco membership. You know something? I'm getting sick of my Sam's Club store, and their products. This thread has definitely piqued my interest in Cosco again. :w00t:

Their photo paper is very good as well. It regularly beats name brand paper in tests, and is much less expensive.

Haven't tried their jeans yet, but we haven't been disappointed with any other Kirkland branded item we've bought. In fact, there are many Kirkland items we like better than name brand.

I haven't been to Costco in at least six years (parents have the membership, and I haven't gotten one since moving to the opposite coast), and I still regularly wear two pairs of Kirkland jeans, mostly around the house and yard. One has a blown knee, but the other is still intact, and they've been worn/washed almost white over the years.

Can't do much better than that.

I recently found out that the Kirkland brand Vodka (BAB=Big *** Bottle)is made by Grey Goose. Really good stuff!

Do you know which states allow Costco to sell liquor? I haven't noticed any in NY selling liquor, but if CT or NJ do I may just take a trip. I am also a fan of Kirkland brand products although I haven't tried their clothing.

You can definitely buy booze at Costco in NJ. I am from PA but have relatives in NJ that we visit several times a year. For the big parties....everyone buys the alcohol from Costco.
I have a few pair of jeans from Costco and I love their Kirkland brand soap bars.

In fact, I find that the Kirkland brand meets or exceeds many of the name brand items.

Patrick

In fact, I find that the Kirkland brand meets or exceeds many of the name brand items.

A friend of mine who has been with Costco for over ten years tells me that Kirkland first tests all the best brands of whatever product they are thinking of putting out. Their philosophy is then that their product must meet or exceed the quality of the best brand product they tested. If true that's a pretty darn good philosophy! :biggrin: I have found their cookware and signature wines to be simply amazing values.

They have awesome wool hiking socks--$10 for a FOUR-PACK and they outlast smartwools that cost $15 each. Only problem is they get one shipment about this time each year and when they are gone they are gone.

I only feel safe telling everyone this because I have already bought this year's supply :redface::biggrin:

Do you know which states allow Costco to sell liquor? I haven't noticed any in NY selling liquor, but if CT or NJ do I may just take a trip. I am also a fan of Kirkland brand products although I haven't tried their clothing.

Both the Brooklyn Costco and the Long Island Roosevelt Field have liquor stores attached to them. Not sure who runs them but the prices are very good.

Both the Brooklyn Costco and the Long Island Roosevelt Field have liquor stores attached to them. Not sure who runs them but the prices are very good.

So would this be a Costco Liquor store that sells the Kirkland brand or just a liquor store that is attched to it?

Top Bottom