What's new

Aroma rice cooker -ARC-960SB

http://www.aroma-housewares.com/kitchen/appliances/ARC-960SB.html

Came across this unit at a local warehouse club. I like the brown rice selector, but don't know how effective/necessary it is or isn't. We currently cook our rice (mostly brown) on the stovetop and rarely have an issue, but I like the idea of having the rice ready and warm when we come home.

Does anyone have any experience with 1)this specific model or 2)this brand of appliance?

I don't have any experience with either the brand or the model, but I'm going to reply anyway. :)

I bought a National (Panasonic) rice pot in 1999, for about $200. In fact, I've had it just slightly longer than I have known my wife. :biggrin:

It makes fantastic rice, keeps the cooked rice warm and fresh for 24 hours, and is very durable.

Here's a link to a current model like mine:

Amazon link to rice cooker

Remember that the "cups" used in Japanese rice cooker ratings are 6 US ounces. This one even has a mode to make cake. I have heard that the cakes come out very nice.

Don't go cheap on a rice pot. The $15 ones from the department store will burn your rice every time and die every year or so. The Aroma seems to have decent features, but I can't tell for sure.

Top Bottom