What's new

Users of Trumper's cologne.

Gentlemen,

Any of you use Trumper's Spanish Leather or Skye cologne? I'm curious about their products and those two caught my eye. Buying cologne online is such a gamble BTW.

I have not tried any Trumper's cologne or EdT that has been a disappointment.

I would like to have anything by Trumper's, but in order of my own preference:

Eucris
Portugal
Trumper's Cologne
Wellington

Last edited:
I've tried samples of both Spanish Leather and Skye. The Spanish Leather was very nice, but the sillage was pretty short for my taste. The Skye was interesting, and the best way I can describe it is where the marine scents, like Aqua di Gio for example, remind you of a seaside, saltwater smell, Skye reminded me of fresh air, like an ozone air freshener. It was nice and soft, different in sort of an interesting way, but not something I would buy. A lot of folks prefer the Spanish Leather and the Eucris, buy my Trumpers favs have been the Curzon and the Sandlewood.

:cool:

Spanish Leather is a sweet/spicy barbershop smell. I don't like it but a lot here do.

Skye smells like laundry detergent mixed with Smartees candy. Gross. It was the single biggest disappointment in the Trumper's sampler for me. I disliked most of the Trumper scents, actually, but a few stood out as quality (and not mid-league, as most of them are IMO):

Eucris
GFT
Portugal

You should really go with the samples. The Skye was a disappointment really IMHO. SWMBO and I both liked their signature GFT and Sandalwood were the two that I purchased.

Then don't buy blind. Go order a sample pack, and list the fragrances you wish to try in the comments to the order: http://www.trumpers.com/product_detail.cfm?ProductID=111547656
Agreed. I ordered the sample pack from them a couple of weeks ago. I have not been disappointed with any of the Trumper's colognes. While I really like most of them and certainly have some preferences, none of them smelled bad or offensive. Of the two you mentioned, I'd go with Spanish Leather over Skye, but they are completely different kinds of scents and it would really depend upon your preferences. Ordering a sample pack would be a good idea. It's cheap and mine got to the east coast in about 4-5 days. They also did a good job of accommodating my request for particular scents.

Spanish Leather is a sweet/spicy barbershop smell.

Skye smells like laundry detergent mixed with Smartees candy. Gross.

Exactly this. I believe my "notes" for Skye consisted of "ew". Possibly with an exclamation point. The Spanish Leather was nice but gone in about 30 minutes.

Spanish Leather is a sweet/spicy barbershop smell. I don't like it but a lot here do.

Skye smells like laundry detergent mixed with Smartees candy. Gross. It was the single biggest disappointment in the Trumper's sampler for me. I disliked most of the Trumper scents, actually, but a few stood out as quality (and not mid-league, as most of them are IMO):

Eucris
GFT
Portugal

I agree with Kevan in that to me most of the Trumper's scents were huge disappointments. In particular, I disliked their Bay Rum and absolutely hated Curzon. The Spanish Leather is OK, but I prefer T&H's version. The GFT is nice.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Before you drop major money, get samples. I like really only one of the Trumper's scents and this is Eucris. None of the others scents are worth in my opinion to spend the money on, but as we always say YMMV and others may differ:wink:

I haven't tried the ones you listed, but I love Wild Fern, Eucris, Astor, GFT, and Sandalwood. Ajaccio Violets is also quite nice once on the skin. I am eager to try Wellington and Marlborough.

Agree with above posts. Skye = yuck. Very sweet.
I do like their Spanish Leather, Wild Fern, Sandalwood, Eucris and some others (but I prefer Tam Dao or AOS for Sandalwoods).

Matt,

I love Trumper's Spanish Leather. It has a clean and soapy fragrance with just enough flower. The mood which the fragrance creates very much conjures up a delightful stroll through London.

I have used Trumper's — and Truefitt & Hill's — Spanish Leather for years and still love it.

About the other cologne you mention I know nothing.

Regards,

Obelit

Spanish Leather is one of my favorite scents. Skye I like but only lasts about an hour before it fades away.

I suspect there are those who find one thing and always use it, and there are those who like different scents on different days. Trumper's always seems to have something I like. De gustibus non disputandem.

I own Eucris and Ajaccio Violets and like them both. Also like Wild Fern but own English Fern which is similar.

Spanish Leather was superb.

There's another they have too I liked. It's named after the street they're on. Grafton or Crofton...I don't know, but it was good too.

SL lasted me all day! Not 6 hours. All day. That's what I liked about it so much.

When first applied, wife didn't like it.

Top Bottom