What's new

Regional Lavender (UK & elsewhere)

I'm hoping that a bottle of Caldey Island Lavender AS is winging its way to me for my birthday--if I hinted any more about it to my family, I'd have to write it on my forehead.

However, the kind of production that the monks do got me thinking and a little bit of web searching shows that there are a lot of regional lavender products (lavender water, whatever) in the UK. Anybody have any experience with them? What about France? Anywhere else?

I'd be interested to hear about your experience of the Caldey Island. I am considering investing in a Lavender of some kind, and was thinking of DR Harris Lavender water. But your post has got me thinking. Any other Lavender recommendations out there?

Nid, there are some because I have run across a few in the past while trying to track down a lavender I liked (which I never did). Think if you google on lavender farms, English lavender, Welsh lavender (think I found a farm in Wales), and probably French lavender you will find some. I know there is a lavender farm in Washington State just to the east of the Puget Sound area. And there are several in the U.K. Just start googling lavender whatever and have a ball! Good luck, John

Oh, I got a sample of Caldey Island from Rorschuck - don't like it either! Everything I've found has almost zero longevity and smells of mint or camphor. Crabtree & Evelyn is the one exception - if smells flowery like I like.

Last edited:
Nid, I just found one site I had saved to favorites. Try Jersey Lavender. Sorry but I don't know how to do the "click here and it will come up" thing!

Top Bottom