What's new

The Best Aftershave Balm...

OK, Horatio Caine, let's cut to the chase, shall we?
I used the term "the best" because I observed that is massivelly used on this forum. Personally I'm not that generous in spreading with positive appreciations.
I am aware that when it comes to things like "the best ASB out there" we are fundamentally subjective and we are subjects of shifting oppinions. But you have to agree that there are some products that score much more appreciations like "the best" than others. Hence the examples I chose. Browsing almost all the reviews posted here, I think that TGR, Hydrolast and Weleda are among the ones that scored highest on this category.
Now, I currently use TGR Standard ASB and I think is so-so. I am planning for the future to purchase a new ASB and, again, based on the reviews red here I am willing to try one of the two remaining. I incline to Hydrolast but...
Did you use Hydrolast or Weleda? If yes, wich is the best, of course In Your Humble Oppinion?

OK, Horatio Caine, let's cut to the chase, shall we?
I used the term "the best" because I observed that is massivelly used on this forum. Personally I'm not that generous in spreading with positive appreciations.
I am aware that when it comes to things like "the best ASB out there" we are fundamentally subjective and we are subjects of shifting oppinions. But you have to agree that there are some products that score much more appreciations like "the best" than others. Hence the examples I chose. Browsing almost all the reviews posted here, I think that TGR, Hydrolast and Weleda are among the ones that scored highest on this category.
Now, I currently use TGR Standard ASB and I think is so-so. I am planning for the future to purchase a new ASB and, again, based on the reviews red here I am willing to try one of the two remaining. I incline to Hydrolast but...
Did you use Hydrolast or Weleda? If yes, wich is the best, of course In Your Humble Oppinion?

If you had made it clear to begin with that you were looking to pick primarily from Weleda and Hydrolast for your next aftershave, I think it would have focused the discussion and limited the range of recommendations. While I see that you did mention those two brands, in addition to TGR, in your original post, the title of the thread, as well as your final sentence, both ask for the "best" balm, without qualification. It was to that question that I was responding.

Per your current question, I have not tried Weleda. I tried a couple samples of Hydrolast several years ago and didn't think much of them; I found it very thick, and not what I prefer in an aftershave. How you might like it, I honestly can't say.

And there is nothing humble about my opinion, so I never use the phrase "In my humble opinion." Personally, I think people should stop using the expression altogether, because it smacks of false modesty. But that's a subject for another thread, perhaps one discussing phrases other than "Jesus H. Christ" we would like to see banned on the board.

Give the Clinique post shave healer a try, its widely available and does the the job of healing the skin really well.

Well, It will not be the best for every single one person because everybody is different etc :biggrin:...

But... at least you will not be disappointed by Musgo Real A/S Balm. It feels to be really healthy to my skin. Nice scent, too.

Just b4 applying Musgo balm, I put some L'oreal for men on.

This is my A/S ritual, which works great!

Two standouts are the L'Occitane ASB and the Castle Forbes ASB. There are many excellent products available, but these two seem to be 'best of breed'.

-- John Gehman

Top Bottom