What's new

What are the English perfume houses?

Yes, that's very interesting. Thanks for adding some background on Czech & Speake. Too often, I just think of these companies as entities who supply us with products we like (or don't like), and don't think about "who" they are, what kind of corporate history and culture they have, and perhaps where they are going.
+1
I can't quite figure out Czech & Speake. If you look at their web site, I can't help but wonder how "aromatics" fit into the rest.
Its how rich people keep their :9898: from stinkin':lol: a 1200$ toilette seat is out there, especially if it has the potential to give you splinters with use.
jokes aside most people put on cologne in the bathroom. Great marketing that works both ways, allowing them to capitalize on the clientele in 2 niche markets instead of 1
When I talked to them a week ago they said they were running really behind sending out the samples. I ordered mine about a month ago and they still have not shipped.
ditto.

edit.

total tangent. from the c&s website
Deck-mounted bath shower set
Platinum (27 512 585 08)

£1500...you know cuz fiddy scent gotta have the bathroom BLING
/rant

Last edited:
Caldey Island. All of their products are made by the monks of Caldey Abbey. Their lavender is great stuff, especially the aftershave! They also have a men's cologne -- I'm not hugely partial to it but scent's a very personal thing. Someone else might love it. :thumbup1:

I see that the 100ml bottles are sprays. By any chance are the 50ml bottles shakers?

Thanks,
rgc

I see that the 100ml bottles are sprays. By any chance are the 50ml bottles shakers?

I got a 50ml bottle of their "Caldey Island for Men" AS & it is indeed a shaker (altho you have to put your finger over the top to control the flow of liquid). So if that's any indication it looks like the answer is "yes."

As noted above, though it is indeed a French company now, I am fascinated by Creed's history. James Creed started it in London in the mid 1700's. At some point in mid 1800s, they moved company to France and his great grandkids are still in charge.

I think of them as a little bit of both British and French.

Wonder why they moved to France? Maybe they preferred the term "millesime" to "vintage."

Last edited:
Top Bottom