What's new

Intro and a PIF for Whoever Wants It

Hello all. Just recently discovered this forum via another forum I frequent called calguns.net (firearm related naturally). I'm really enjoying this shaving hobby as it's a great deal cheaper for me to indulge myself relative to perhaps buying a new gun when I feel the urge to spend. It's also more cost effective than my wristwatch hobby (Seikos and G-Shocks mainly). Conversely this shaving hobby can get a little out of control judging by some of the collections I've thus far seen but I have resisted the urge.

On that note I started out with the AOS starter kit and as much as I like the products it seems counterintuitive to spend $200 a year on the full size kits when I initially switched to a DE to save money.

They say you have to get in a fight your first day in jail in order to earn the respect of your fellow inmates. I guess the diametric opposite of such an act amongst sane and rational people would be to share a gift or do a favor. So if anyone wants my AOS $25 off the fullsize kit coupon reply here and PM me where you want it sent and it's yours.

Why not get the kit yourself? See if you like it. The stuff in it will last your for a while.

Welcome to Badger & Blade.

A warm welcome to B&B, Philip. What a kind way to come into the forum. I look forward to seeing more of your posts in the future.

Why not get the kit yourself? See if you like it. The stuff in it will last your for a while.

Welcome to Badger & Blade.

I definitely liked the items in the starter kit but again it's too rich for my blood. I'm trying to save money with this hobby. If I buy more AOS products I'll be spending the same amount per year as I did on cartridges for my Quattro. :001_smile

Coupon still available for you AOS fans!

Welcome Philip!

If you haven't already, you'll find that the culture here at B&B is much different than over at CGN. Frankly I find this forum quite a refreshing change of pace.

Welcome Philip!

If you haven't already, you'll find that the culture here at B&B is much different than over at CGN. Frankly I find this forum quite a refreshing change of pace.

Oh I recognize you:wink:. Indeed it is different---but that's about all I will say about that.

Thanks for the welcome all :smile:

Welcome Philip! Very generous offer there. One thing that you'll find is that any savings you see by switching to DE blades from cartridges will instantly be canceled out by all the new acquisitions that you pick up. :biggrin:

In my honest opinion, the only AOS product worth anything are their Shaving Creams.

Preshave oils are fully unnecessary, and as such a total waste of money; really high priced ones, even more so.

I also can't see paying really high dollar for Aftershave either, as I have been quite content with my $10 bottle of C.O. Bigelow, and $5 bottle of Aqua Velva.

Certainly a better quality brush is more luxurious, but there are better values available than the AOS brushes.

Considering the above, save yourself some dough, and just buy the $22.00 shaving cream. Even that is a little pricey, especially if compared with TOBS.

In my honest opinion, the only AOS product worth anything are their Shaving Creams.

Preshave oils are fully unnecessary, and as such a total waste of money; really high priced ones, even more so.

I also can't see paying really high dollar for Aftershave either, as I have been quite content with my $10 bottle of C.O. Bigelow, and $5 bottle of Aqua Velva.

Certainly a better quality brush is more luxurious, but there are better values available than the AOS brushes.

Considering the above, save yourself some dough, and just buy the $22.00 shaving cream. Even that is a little pricey, especially if compared with TOBS.

I am certainly a frugal guy and can agree with those sentiments. As a matter of fact I'm wearing AV right now.

Apparently not much love for AOS around here as the coupon is still up for grabs :confused:.

Last edited:
G

gone down south

The problem is that the boards were flooded with that coupon recently, and all the stores ran out of stock a while ago . There's a bunch of threads of people complaining that they were turned away and couldn't redeem their coupons.

Also, and entirely my two cents, it's a crappy set and there's a reason they give it away. Considering how much they charge for everything, the fact that it's regular price is only $25 tells you something. I have one set aside as an emergency present, but I wouldn't use it myself.

By the way ClubmanRob. I read your article on Snus and really enjoyed it. I've only tried the Camel variety but I consider it manna from heaven. Prior to this I would go out clubbing, or other place where it was not convenient to step out for a smoke, with a can of dip in my pocket and a bottle of "ice tea" in my hand. As you can imagine the girls were falling over trying to get at me. :wink:

The problem is that the boards were flooded with that coupon recently, and all the stores ran out of stock a while ago . There's a bunch of threads of people complaining that they were turned away and couldn't redeem their coupons.

Also, and entirely my two cents, it's a crappy set and there's a reason they give it away. Considering how much they charge for everything, the fact that it's regular price is only $25 tells you something. I have one set aside as an emergency present, but I wouldn't use it myself.

Yeah the brush in the $25 dollar kit is falling to pieces on me. But the coupon is not for a free starter kit---which is how I understand your post. Rather the coupon is $25 dollars off the fullsize kit.

Top Bottom