What's new

Highest Alcohol Content Rubbing Alcohol

drugstores you can find the 90's pretty much anywhere...if you go to a chemical supply store, 99% is a guarantee

The question is why should you use it? 70% is most effective (1)

In the past time I've bought 70% solutions. However, buying 99% and diluting to 70% is cheaper - at least where I live.

Anhydrous (0% water) isopropanol is available from chem suppliers. But unless you're very careful, it doesn't stay completely anhydrous for long.

You can get it at Wal-Mart 91-95%. I use it to clean my pocket knives after I have skinned some thing. Hot water and soap scrub, Alcohol bath air dry and lube with CLP.

The higher the amount of alcohol content, the faster it will vaporize on its own--alcohols have a much higher volatility than water. If you are going to splash some on your face after a shave, you may find you will a lot even in the short distance from bottle to face.

I use my 99% as a post shave treatment on my razor after washing it...it dispalces the water and evaporates, making the razor and blade completely dry in moments. I also use it pre-shave in the same manor to sterilize everything.

Top Bottom