What's new

Class it up

that's funny. I commented to the wife 2 weeks ago about how much I like his dress sensibilities :thumbup1:

There is something really classy yet not overly smart about what he wears. It has inspired me as my workplace has a smart-casualish culture (suit trousers and shirt usually, sometimes you can wear corduroys though), suit trousers, a shirt and a waistcoat I feel would go down a treat :D

Plus it'd look good! Goes well with my new found DE appetite! Gentleman-hood here I come!

Japan in the 90's began the trend of all-black suits and a black t-shirt (or regular black shirt ). Some fashion designers, here, are always and only using black,from head to toe. Too agressive for you, maybe...?!

Buy higher quality stuff and maintain it. Especially the shoes. No one cares what brand name you're wearing if you shoes are all scuffed!

Absolutely! Just like you keep a puck of your favorite soap keep a puck of Lincoln wax and sit down a few minutes and get the scuffs out. A nice pair of leather shoes will last for years and will just need to be resoled.

Jos A Banks is having their $199 suit sale this weekend. Check it out.

I still say your better off buying Brooks, Hickey Freeman or Hart, Schaffner & Marx. Yes, it costs more, but it looks better and lasts 10 times as long. If you stay with the classics, you never have to worry about them going out of style.

Top Bottom