What's new

Numbers on a Gillette Blade

When I was waiting on my DE and blades to arrive, I went to check out the local selection of blades, (which wasn't much selection) and I picked up a pack of Gillette Super Stainless, then read the review when I got home, why was not a good idea, they review pretty much said these blades suck, and IMO, that's correct. From what I've experienced, these blades are good for 1 shave each, but I'm too cheap/broke to throw them out and will save them for hard times since I haven't been able to build up a supply of blades yet.

On to my question, the blades have the numbers 1 through 4 on the blades, a 1 and 2 for each edge on one side, and a 3 and 4 on the other side, also with an arrow pointing to opposite ends. What are these numbers and arrow for? If I had to guess, it would do something with trying to strop these blades, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Jason

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
These are numbers that were used in the factory for quality control issues, and have no effect or real use for the consumer.

Sadly, the Gillette Super stainless "super inoxyadable" blades shave like jagged glass. It is a shame they took the name of what was arguably Gillette's best blade and tacked it to a blade that is not even good enough to be used for scraping gum off the sidewalk.

Top Bottom