What's new

Heads up on West Coast Shaving shipping...

If you are placing an order with West Coast Shaving, and want it in a hurry, do NOT add any products containing alcohol to your order!

Why? Simply this. WCS follows the rules (kudos to them on that!). In this case, specifically USPS rules, which say they can only ship products with alcohol via parcel post. USPS lists delivery time of 2-9 business days.

I placed an order on Sunday 8-16-09 (D.E. razor, sample pack of blades, 2 creams and an AS), still not here. Not WCS fault, they are simply following USPS regs. It just sucks for me that my new gear is stuck somewhere between California and Michigan. BTW, WCS normally ships Priority Mail (and I love Priority Mail). And they have great prices, and from what I can discern they have great Customer Service as well. But if you've gotta have that AS with alcohol added to your order and are in a hurry, consider a separate order!

BTW, I ordered a bottle of Bay Rum (Dominica) AS from another online retailer after placing the WCS order. It arrived a few days ago (shipped Priority Mail). While I was thrilled to receive the product so quickly, I wasn't impressed with the fact that they would not follow the rules.

FWIW, WCS when contacted, did tell me they plan to offer UPS ground as an option in the near future. It would get my particular order here quicker (not sure if it'll be an option for the free shipping over $80 or not). But for most things (whenever available), my favorite is still Priority Mail.

Interesting, I didn't know this.

On a side note, WCS on my razor blades was blistering fast! Took 2 or 3 days. Usually everything I order online takes longer then most people do. Since the major hubs are hundreds of miles away from me, and they like going through there first. Even if it means travelling away from me first before comming back. :tongue_sm

If you are placing an order with West Coast Shaving, and want it in a hurry, do NOT add any products containing alcohol to your order!

Why? Simply this. WCS follows the rules (kudos to them on that!). In this case, specifically USPS rules, which say they can only ship products with alcohol via parcel post. USPS lists delivery time of 2-9 business days.

I placed an order on Sunday 8-16-09 (D.E. razor, sample pack of blades, 2 creams and an AS), still not here. Not WCS fault, they are simply following USPS regs. It just sucks for me that my new gear is stuck somewhere between California and Michigan. BTW, WCS normally ships Priority Mail (and I love Priority Mail). And they have great prices, and from what I can discern they have great Customer Service as well. But if you've gotta have that AS with alcohol added to your order and are in a hurry, consider a separate order!

BTW, I ordered a bottle of Bay Rum (Dominica) AS from another online retailer after placing the WCS order. It arrived a few days ago (shipped Priority Mail). While I was thrilled to receive the product so quickly, I wasn't impressed with the fact that they would not follow the rules.

FWIW, WCS when contacted, did tell me they plan to offer UPS ground as an option in the near future. It would get my particular order here quicker (not sure if it'll be an option for the free shipping over $80 or not). But for most things (whenever available), my favorite is still Priority Mail.

That's consistent with what I just experienced. I had an order that included Proraso's A/S Splash (contains alcohol). It went out USPS Parcel rather than Priority which I expected. Now I understand why. While the wait was what a wait usually is I'd rather see them open for business in the future rather than get caught and have to pay a fine just because I could not wait an extra 2 1/2 days for my order to arrive.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
WCS is great. John, the owner, is a Moderator here and is a first-rate guy so it does not suprise me at all that he would actually follow the rules of the post office and do things properly.

:biggrin:

I'd say it goes to show how a diligent and stable businessman acts. It's actually on his site since my first order was with them I noticed it maybe under shipping or terms etc.

Top Bottom