What's new

Will dragging a razor across your palm ruin it?

Eldragon said:
Why would you do that????
For the record it wasn't me. It was just easier to say that than explain why somebody took my new razor and started dragging it all over their palm :lol:

Its most likely your technique, although if you dragged it across your palm with the blade perpendicular to your skin, its possible to have rolled the edge. Does it still cut arm hairs easily? If so, your razors fine. If not, your razors not so fine.

What angle are you shaving with? Are you using short strokes? Practicing angle and how to hold the blade on the back of your hand might help.

Yes, it cuts armhair fine. But it was dragged perpendicular to the skin, back and forth. When held under a bright light, the edge doesn't reflect anything along its length so I'm sure it's fine. After stropping it it shaves much smoother, but of course, I'm so new at this my shaves still suck.

For the record it wasn't me. It was just easier to say that than explain why somebody took my new razor and started dragging it all over their palm :lol:

Yes, it cuts armhair fine. But it was dragged perpendicular to the skin, back and forth. When held under a bright light, the edge doesn't reflect anything along its length so I'm sure it's fine. After stropping it it shaves much smoother, but of course, I'm so new at this my shaves still suck.

:eek: :crying::c7:

Other people can chime in, but after reading that, I think theres a good chance the edge was rolled. The good news is that proper stropping *should* be able to fix it if any damage was done.

Top Bottom