What's new

Aveda men's line

SWMBO was at the mall today and picked me up the Aveda men body bar. After the gym I used it in the shower, and MAN did I feel clean!!! It provides a good, thoroughly clean feel and pleasant scent. I guess most of their stuff is 'healthy' in that it's not SLS, Paraben out-the-butt (but this is just rumor and I'm too lazy to verify).

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY10698&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5838

Conversely, I tried their regular men's shampoo in the past; it felt and smelled nice, but within a few hours my head felt -and began to have the scent of- a not so clean head?!

Any personal experiences?

I wasn't too happy with the shampoo and conditioner for the price. At best it provided the same results as the basic store brand shampoos and conditioners.

Aveda makes some good stuff, esp. their hair care line.

You can't beat their "control paste" or whatever they call that waxy orangey-yellow stuff in the little tub- beats every other pomade or similar product I've ever tried.

Don't know about their shaving stuff... haven't tried it. Their shampoos and conditioners are top-flight, although way too pricey for me; my wife occasionally gets them though; so I give each new one a whirl.

SWMBO was at the mall today and picked me up the Aveda men body bar. After the gym I used it in the shower, and MAN did I feel clean!!! It provides a good, thoroughly clean feel and pleasant scent. I guess most of their stuff is 'healthy' in that it's not SLS, Paraben out-the-butt (but this is just rumor and I'm too lazy to verify).

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY10698&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5838

Conversely, I tried their regular men's shampoo in the past; it felt and smelled nice, but within a few hours my head felt -and began to have the scent of- a not so clean head?!

Any personal experiences?

Haven't used Aveda's hair or shower products. SWMBO gave me some of their ASB a few years back. She always liked the light scent. Now that I'm shaving every day again its back in my rotation.

I've got the hair moulding cream, or whatever it's called. Received it as a gift. Works nicely but has an extremely strong, and not particularly pleasant, vegetal smell. Almost overpowering at first, but I've never received any negative feedback on it!

I've heard that Aveda's products aren't great for the money. People seem to love the scent, but in terms of efficacy they fall below par.

I used some shampoo and conditioner whilst abroad at a friend's and the shampoo was very drying.

I tried the Aveda after shave balm for the first time today. My initial impression is VERY favorable - great feel, calming, not greasy or sticky.

I like their products a lot. Their shampoo and conditioner lasts for months for me, but that's because I don't wash my hair every day, it's short and I don't use much product.

The grooming clay is one of my favorite products ever.

Their aftershave balm has an unusual scent but I like it. Not 100% crazy about the feel of it. And it's not really meant as a scent for others to smell.

Their men's deodorant was wonderful...and they discontinued it. Something to keep in mind--they're always tweaking, revamping and in general changing their products.

+1 for their Control Paste and Grooming Clay products. I've been going back and forth between the two of them for a couple years now and have been real happy with them.

I tried a few of their products a few years back. They didn't make too much of an impression on me - all I can recall is that I wasn't crazy about them. (I can't even remember what I tried. Helpful, huh?)

The exception is their foot cream, which is very good.

Top Bottom