What's new

Fair Price on Red Tip

What's a fair price to pay for a mint/excellent red tip?

I am no expert, and I am not a collector, but think the aggressive razor would be great for my thick beard. Just don't want to over pay for one on the bay.

Thanks for input guys.

Excellent to mint Red Tips are going for around $40-$45 these days. They can be had for less with patience, of course, and I have seen them go for much more. At this same time last year they were running around $10 less. Two years ago they were even less than that.

I've just bought a red tip for $30 on Ebay - I was looking for a rough example to replate, but when it came through it just needed a clean and polish.

The other thing I noticed (this being my first red tip) is that it is a bit chunkier and heavier than other flare tip Super Speeds. Really well made and I'll be giving it the first try tomorrow morning.

Guido is correct. They seem to have jumped a bit, even in the last 6 months.

I would post an ad in WTB first. There are many collectors/veterans on here who wouldn't mind passing one on to an enthusiastic beginner. I bought mine from a B&B user and it's become my favorite razor.

You can get a good day to day razor w/o paying for one in mint condition. These things were made to last. Just cruise the B/S/T forum, they come up regularly.

Top Bottom